Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How is Kahr P380 and PM9093

How is Kahr P380 and PM9093

Hi

I am thinking about buying another semi, I am looking at Kahr, it is after my time when I quit shooting 30 years ago. Kahr is after my time and I have no idea whether they are good or bad. Just want to hear from you guys.

Thanks

I've got a PM9. It's a great gun to carry when you can't carry something larger. Disappears in a pocket or a belly band. I bought mine used, but I've heard they need a break in period. Mine's been flawless so far through the approximately 500-700 rounds I've put through it. No idea how many rounds the previous owner shot.

The only quirk with it is that you need to hit the slide release when you reload. If you try to rack the slide it will occasionally fail to go into battery. Once it's chambered it runs just fine with everything I've fed it.

I'd recommend it for a backup up gun or an NPE gun. Hope that helps.

I carry a Kahr CW380 in an ankle.holster when I'm working. I concur with the previous poster about loading a round in the chamber with the slide release. The Lands have the best sights in the class and the trigger is uber safe for pocket or ankle carry.

Thanks guys, I am not set on Kahr, just doing some research. Youtube doesn't seems to be too kind towards the Kahr 380.

I am not ruling out Ruger LC380. Youtube seems to have much kinder reviews.

Seems like you just cannot get high reliability, bigger caliber and light weight together, got to have some weight behind it to be more reliable. Even Ruger is the same, there was at least one youtube show the LCP small 380 malfunction multiple times. Also, it's not legal in Kalifornia. LC380 is bigger and heavier.

Even the Beretta Tomcat 32 have it's share of frame cracking problem with smaller 32ACP. Just hard to find tiny ones with significant calibers.

I have time to think, I just bought the Glock 26, I have to wait 30 days before I can buy another one thanks to the law of kalifornia.

Honest opinion? Stick with the 26 for now, and then if you need something thinner search for a 43 - you’ll pay a premium in CA but it will be directly translatable from your 26. But, you may find why so many of us say that if we were restricted to a single handgun, the 26 would be it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I've had a PM9 for years now... I don't carry it quite as often as I once did (working in an NPE), etc. I used to carry it quite often, shoot IDPA matches with it (in BUG). A bit big to carry in the pocket (the KelTec P32 really shines here), but certainly capable of that...

http://instagram.com/p/Boz87otn8n1/

Nowadays, it fills a role for me in grab and go for fishing, travel, etc...

http://instagram.com/p/CEkiIs7pM6h/

Pros/Cons:

The trigger is quite workable, but it is more like a revolver Double-Action feel.
    The gun is scary accurate, but a short sight radius makes it a challenge to get really solid hits with.
    Some of these small guns are dogs - they'll never break in "right". Sell it and find another.

Site Supporter
    I have the Kahr K9.

It's a half inch longer and taller than the PM9 and all steel. But it's still very small and thin--and has been accurate and reliable over the ~1200 rounds I've put through it.

The Kahr P380 is the only gun that I have ever witnessed choke on multiple Speer lawman, Golddots, and Federal Hydra shoks.

The Glock 26 is my favorite CCW, but if you need something smaller (for those rare occasions) I’d go with a j-frame or Ruger LCP.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    The Kahr P380 is the only gun that I have ever witnessed choke on multiple Speer lawman, Golddots, and Federal Hydra shoks.

The Glock 26 is my favorite CCW, but if you need something smaller (for those rare occasions) I’d go with a j-frame or Ruger LCP.
    My Kahr pistols all fed Fullmetal jacket and federal Hydro shock ammunition just fine. My Kahr P380 was actually one of the softest easiest shooting 380 pistols that I’ve owned and for a micro size pistol it was surprisingly easy to shoot in comparison to a Ruger or Smith an Wesson bodyguard equivalent. It was also laser accurate for me .

As a matter of facts it was such an easy gun to shoot well that my girlfriend decided that she wanted it and was able to shoot it better than her Glock 42.

Just my two cents but when I carried a Beretta the Kahe P380 and PM9 off duty or back up guns because the long double action trigger was very consistent with the Berettas

I had never tried them before . Where I need to do it over again I would probably go with the all steel 9 mm version to help with the recoil mitigation.

I shot a PM9 to the point it was no longer reliable, around 10k. Bad customer service soured me on Kahr, separate from the PM9 wearing out. I just do not trust the manufacturer any longer.

Went to Glock. Much less drama.

User Tag List