Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Some general notes on my Beretta 92G LTT Elite Compact

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Why would you consider it customer service that they wanted you to shut your mouth? Bad publicity costs far more than a new gun.

I have 6 Glocks
    That was a lame joke on my part. I was more impressed that they still gave a crap about bad publicity. But the included picture of their own test target was probably pretty bad. I have had far from perfect luck with Glocks since then (guns that had rainbow ejection, btf, feed issues, etc), but that was the only gun that didn't shoot straight. Side issue, I really think they have "perfected" the guns with the Gen 5. I used to be mystified by all the glorious Glock talk on the web but they have impressed me with their recent guns.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Before I spent $1500 or more on a custom gun, I would like to think it shot to a certain p.o.i. deemed acceptable by the seller. i refer to verifying. I would happily pay for this service. Website description of pistols having slide cuts for optic sights say that some parts are modified. If so, then the factory could not have tested these pistols.
    I don't really see the point of a test fire to verify that the sights are on for pistols that are cut for adjustable red dot optics.

And even for an ironsighted gun, if someone test fires to verify POI/POA, I have seen pretty big variations in POI/POA by switching from 115gr to 124gr to 147gr 9mm (like ~4" at 20 yards). So if I happen to have more bullets in a different weight from what they used, they just wasted their time as I will most likely have to change the sights anyways.

Site Supporter
    The occasional production handgun will have a poi that is extremely low or high or that is extremely left or right. Iron sight adjustment will not compensate here. Checking for this fluke would be my concern. Also, verifying correct function in feeding, extraction, and ejection would be another. According to the L website, the pistols with slides cut for red dots have altered parts. I would think they would be test fired for function.

Todd wrote an article archived here about firearms industry practices that have lessened quality control. I assume the article applies to Beretta also. Every company will sell the occasional lemon. Reading the article induced me to infer that Beretta might sell a few lemons too. From this I wrote that I am surprised that these custom guns are not test fired.

One day I hope to buy a L Beretta. At that time I will offer to pay L an extra $150 to test fire it. Then I will have a $1650 pistol.

Site Supporter
    Put down an order last week for a LTT elite compact with trigger job, mag guide, and Wilson square notch rear sight last week. I do believe this thread was a big part of why.

My hands are a bit bigger than yours, but in shooting full size 92s and fondling some 92x compacts, I think that I won’t have any issues with the grip being too short. I’m thinking that it’ll make a very capable carry gun when bolted into an enigma.

Once I’ve got some time on it I hope to pick up an RDO slide, that would really round it out as a g17k sized carry gun.

User Tag List