Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some general notes on my Beretta 92G LTT Elite Compact

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    People have dogged the 92 Compact for years saying it wasn’t really “compact.” As you noted, if you really compare them, it’s very close in size to the oft mentioned G19. So IMO, either the G19 isn’t really a Compact or the 92 Compact is. Either way, they’re definitely not in totally different size categories as some allege.
    I think the 92x compact is going to be my next gun purchase when they are available again. I sold my 92 compact and now somewhat regret that because that gun was far and away the most easy to shoot compact I've ever shot. I just couldn't get the hang of the grip, which felt too thick even with Wilson ultra thin G10 grips. I'm thinking a vertec framed compact might change that.

I gave up on almost every handgun except the 1911, but the Beretta 92 is one of the most accurate handguns I've ever shot and I just can't quit the thing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I think the 92x compact is going to be my next gun purchase when they are available again. I sold my 92 compact and now somewhat regret that because that gun was far and away the most easy to shoot compact I've ever shot. I just couldn't get the hang of the grip, which felt too thick even with Wilson ultra thin G10 grips. I'm thinking a vertec framed compact might change that.

I gave up on almost every handgun except the 1911, but the Beretta 92 is one of the most accurate handguns I've ever shot and I just can't quit the thing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I had the same experience with a railed 92 compact. My local dealer is trying to get a Centurion in for me. That vertex grip makes a huge difference to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Test Firing

No doubt these guns are superb. I wonder about test firing by the techs after the work is finished. Does anybody have knowledge about the extent of test firing, if any?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Type M mags do come up on B-F several times a year, but usually $80-$90/each. Ouch!
    There’s a member on here who, apparently, works for Beretta. He said the type M mags are basically M1951 mags. Might need a cut out for the mag catch... but they might work.

Site Supporter
    To answer my question about whether or not Langton Tactical test fired the custom pistols they sold, I called the company today and asked. A customer service rep said that they do not test fire these guns and added that Beretta did. Todd in one of his articles wrote that some makers do not test fire each handgun. I have personal knowledge of two Beretta 92FS pistols that had point of impact issues that required a trip back to Beretta to correct. One was mine. Perhaps I am naive. I am surprised that techs do not test fire custom pistols that sell for as much money as these do.

I am making an observation and not a criticism. I am sharing my opinion which is that I am surprised. I admit that I must be naive. Certainly Mr Langton knows what he is doing. His reputation is stellar.

I have been lucky. All 4 of my B92 (Maryland 92GSD, Italian M9A3, TENN Langdon Elite and Tenn Langdon Compact have all been POA/POI). Even the ones with the Spartan Sights. Honestly, I am usually far luckier than other folks in this regard. Hilariously, the only gun I ever had that was WAYYY off was my very first G17. I had been shooting the range G17 so I finally decided to get my own. I took it, and it was waaaay over to the left. The guy at the range said that was common with new Glock shooters. I pointed out that his range Glock must be way to the right because I shot dead on with it. So he took it out and sure enough it was WAAAAAAy over. I took it to Smyrna. A dude in a cool black Glock apron came out and basically told me I couldn't shoot. Then he took it back to the range (this was back in the early 00s)--he came out about 10 minutes later and wrote out a slip saying it was waaaaay off. Anyway, after waiting through the Christmas holiday I finally got my Glock back. With a target with the point of impact about an inch to the left circled that said (MEETS GLOCK SPECS). I immediately went to Glock talk and posted the target and a long rant crapping all over Glock. I was driving around the next day when some dude from Glock called me on my cell phone and asked me "hey, hey how is that Glock doing?" Real chill like they just call everybody and check in with them LOL. I got him to admit he saw my post (they had someone watching the forums for complaints (smart). He admitted he wouldn't want a gun that shot like that and said he talked to the guy who sent it out (I'm not 100 percent sure I believe that, but hey, it was a nice story). They sent me a brand new Glock that shot perfectly. In a way that is a story crapping on Glock, but in another way it was fairly impressive customer service. He told me Glock did not zero their guns, they just used a formula to average the poi.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I have been lucky. All 4 of my B92 (Maryland 92GSD, Italian M9A3, TENN Langdon Elite and Tenn Langdon Compact have all been POA/POI). Even the ones with the Spartan Sights. Honestly, I am usually far luckier than other folks in this regard. Hilariously, the only gun I ever had that was WAYYY off was my very first G17. I had been shooting the range G17 so I finally decided to get my own. I took it, and it was waaaay over to the left. The guy at the range said that was common with new Glock shooters. I pointed out that his range Glock must be way to the right because I shot dead on with it. So he took it out and sure enough it was WAAAAAAy over. I took it to Smyrna. A dude in a cool black Glock apron came out and basically told me I couldn't shoot. Then he took it back to the range (this was back in the early 00s)--he came out about 10 minutes later and wrote out a slip saying it was waaaaay off. Anyway, after waiting through the Christmas holiday I finally got my Glock back. With a target with the point of impact about an inch to the left circled that said (MEETS GLOCK SPECS). I immediately went to Glock talk and posted the target and a long rant crapping all over Glock. I was driving around the next day when some dude from Glock called me on my cell phone and asked me "hey, hey how is that Glock doing?" Real chill like they just call everybody and check in with them LOL. I got him to admit he saw my post (they had someone watching the forums for complaints (smart). He admitted he wouldn't want a gun that shot like that and said he talked to the guy who sent it out (I'm not 100 percent sure I believe that, but hey, it was a nice story). They sent me a brand new Glock that shot perfectly. In a way that is a story crapping on Glock, but in another way it was fairly impressive customer service. He told me Glock did not zero their guns, they just used a formula to average the poi.

Why would you consider it customer service that they wanted you to shut your mouth? Bad publicity costs far more than a new gun.

I have 6 Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    To answer my question about whether or not Langton Tactical test fired the custom pistols they sold, I called the company today and asked. A customer service rep said that they do not test fire these guns and added that Beretta did. Todd in one of his articles wrote that some makers do not test fire each handgun. I have personal knowledge of two Beretta 92FS pistols that had point of impact issues that required a trip back to Beretta to correct. One was mine. Perhaps I am naive. I am surprised that techs do not test fire custom pistols that sell for as much money as these do.

I am making an observation and not a criticism. I am sharing my opinion which is that I am surprised. I admit that I must be naive. Certainly Mr Langton knows what he is doing. His reputation is stellar.
    I've seen Randy Lee (Apex) and his guys test fire guns they've worked on. They haul a bunch of customer's pistols into the indoor range, shoot them a little, pack em' all up, and head back to the shop 30 minutes away. I don't know how often it happened, but they worked on a lot of guns and I imagine they performed that task every week or so. It looked like a time consuming exercise, and kinda expensive when factoring in ammo, gas, staff time, and range fees.

Site Supporter
    Before I spent $1500 or more on a custom gun, I would like to think it shot to a certain p.o.i. deemed acceptable by the seller. i refer to verifying. I would happily pay for this service. Website description of pistols having slide cuts for optic sights say that some parts are modified. If so, then the factory could not have tested these pistols.
    Last edited by willie; 02-27-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Either way guys, let's be clear, this gun shoots perfectly. Everything Langdon has shipped to me, including my RDO equipped slide has been fantastic.

User Tag List