Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Glock Device

Wow from a tech perspective that is pretty cool! I see it works mechanically by blocking the trigger safety.

As a caveman, I'd never want it. More shit to fail.

Logically, it would not serve me,.as I have for years (including when we had small kids around) been one of those paranoid dudes that lives with a pistol in a holster, on me, practically 24/7. No kids around anymore makes things even better, gunwise! ARs on the walls, pistols on the coffee table....life is good.....

Worst thing about this though, is, what you've got right there is essentially the "smart gun holy grail" that the domestic enemy had been clamoring and wailing for all these years.

Who's REALLY funding this? If this works well, it'll turn into something the current oligarchy would LOVE to mandate, wouldn't it?

I hate that we have to think that way right now. It is what it is though.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    There is a sidebar advertisement on Glocktalk
    What were you doing on Glocktalk?

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    What were you doing on Glocktalk?
    Same thing I'm doing here.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

But there may be a use for this regarding my wife’s preferences and storage options regarding children.
    That's understandable. My first gun was P7M8 that, when out of my direct control, was stored with a firing pin assembly out. I got pretty good at speed-installing it.

Wonder how drop safe that grip plug part is.

And, just because, my favorite smart gun movie scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E381dy9Etvo
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I ordered two of them. Honestly and not kidding.

I have a couple of Magna-trigger enabled revolvers.

A couple of Identilocks too.

I want to try these locks out. I understand they’re not for everyone.
    I also carry with a manual safety.

I don’t have high hopes or expectations for it.
    But there may be a use for this regarding my wife’s preferences and storage options regarding children.

I don’t know what I don’t know and I’m willing to find out.

Also FYI the company emailed me when they decreased the price and offered and refunded me the difference, so that makes me feel warm and fuzzy towards the company.

I think the Apple Watch proximity unlock looks attractive to me.
    Let us know what you think when you get them if you don't mind. I don't have kids yet, but I do have 5 nieces, and this could possibly find some use somewhere, somehow. Plus, the technology in general seems cool AF.

Nope to the millionth power for me. And the oligarchy wants this, or something like it, regardless of functionality.

response to some questions

Hi, happy to respond to some of the questions here.

1. The lock on a battery low is a user preference controlled by the app. When the battery is <2% we offer the user a choice. Lock or Unlock so that element is customized by the user, they can configure it however they like. The goal from day one has been to offer the user choices and options.

2. The firearm doesn't need the battery power to operate as a firearm, only for trigger locking, proximity locking, and notification functions (security features). You can install the trigger unlock the gun and when the battery runs flat it will function just fine (long as you have unlock on battery low set)

3. The Bluetooth connection between the firearm and the app is encrypted. We force a pairing code reset during set up so the user must create a brand new code upon setup. This code is then baked into the encryption protocol between the SmartPhone and the trigger. So no two connections between devices are the same - so no secret key for any government.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine Inc View Post
    Hi, happy to respond to some of the questions here.

1. The lock on a battery low is a user preference controlled by the app. When the battery is <2% we offer the user a choice. Lock or Unlock so that element is customized by the user, they can configure it however they like. The goal from day one has been to offer the user choices and options.

2. The firearm doesn't need the battery power to operate as a firearm, only for trigger locking, proximity locking, and notification functions (security features). You can install the trigger unlock the gun and when the battery runs flat it will function just fine (long as you have unlock on battery low set)

3. The Bluetooth connection between the firearm and the app is encrypted. We force a pairing code reset during set up so the user must create a brand new code upon setup. This code is then baked into the encryption protocol between the SmartPhone and the trigger. So no two connections between devices are the same - so no secret key for any government.
    Thank you for coming here ans posting.

I have kids, one of which is gun-educated, and the other of which does not yet have the maturity to make it safe to leave a loaded gun outside my immediate control. I (and many others) have solved that problem by always having that gun either on my person or in a locked container.

If we could ensure 100% reliability (unlocking on any failure - not just low battery - is one part of this), and avoid the legal/political implications, I could be interested.

A few things to keep in mind:

Reliability is the single non-negotiable characteristic of a defensive handgun. Regardless of caliber, size, magazine capacity, accuracy, etc., it must go bang when it is needed without fail. One of your biggest obstacles will be demonstrating the reliability of your device, particularly since proposed laws requiring such devices often exclude police or military. If you demonstrate that reliability, it will go a long way towards your success.

The app control of locking or unlocking upon low battery is a good feature. However, unlocking on any failure is something that must go beyond the software, and must be part of the hardware design. Has this been considered?

The encryption is good. The concern about a government entity deciding to disable everyone's guns during a so-called "emergency" is very real. Building trust in this area will help you succeed.

Many people will oppose this technology for the simple reason that they expect the more liberal parts of our country to require it. You might find that you increase the acceptance of your device by actively opposing such laws, even though this may seem counterintuitive. Simply take the position that you want to present an option, and that each individual can decide if that option is for them.

It is really unfortunate that the legal/political situation presents such a big obstacle to something that could - if done right - be a good thing.

Stick around, learn about the concerns of the other members here (we have multiple police officers, current and former military personnel, doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc.), and I think you will seriously increase your likelihood of success.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Who is this for? Who's leaving their loaded gun unsecured and unattended but is willing to spend $200 per gun for this gadget?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Sounds like we’re on our way to this before too long

Name:  614FC94A-DA03-4AE0-BE7D-10ABAB1081C6.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  36.5 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List