Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Chill Factor of -13 in Dallas

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    how is Ted Cruz this bad at optics?
    It’s not like he’s a state official, not much he can do from DC. Had he been a governor or state senator, it’d be different.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    It’s not like he’s a state official, not much he can do from DC. Had he been a governor or state senator, it’d be different.
    what are "optics"? Optics means how you are perceived, regardless of what your actual powers are.

Taking a vacation to Cancun right now when you are in his position is the definition of terrible optics.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Factually true but still bad optics.

Site Supporter
    Okay, so it was bad optics. Tough crowd.

Luckily no power or water issues for us thus far at home. Made sure to show my wife how to turn off water to the house today just in case it pops while I'm gone

I work in the fire department for a private business and our domestic/fire water systems are getting wrecked right now. The worst for us is going to come tomorrow and Saturday. We don't have much activity usually so we have run as many calls in the past 4 days as we normally do in a 2 month timeframe.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Name:  82FC778E-EFDF-4260-84DE-57F735883479.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  41.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Not typical , but the other side of the aisle lives in a bad optics outhouse, the smell covered over by the yeoman efforts of the MSM.
    I think the smell is being covered over by deodorant at this point. At least that's what my sis tells me who lives in San Angelo.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Lost power for 60 hours and came home to a busted pipe in the ceiling. Teach me to laugh at Texans for thinking 15deg is cold.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Lost power for 60 hours and came home to a busted pipe in the ceiling. Teach me to laugh at Texans for thinking 15deg is cold.
    Ugh. Fixing that ain't gonna be fun.

Just an observation: During that nasty freeze, about 1989, I lived in a little ol’ house, that sat on concrete blocks. Less than 800 square feet, IIRC. The water pipes ran underneath the floor. It was easy to cut off the water, and drain the pipes. The gas space heaters could be lit, with a match. Life was simpler, then.

That 1989-ish freeze was far worse than this one. A true Arctic Blast. The olive oil, in my kitchen, became olive grease. I did not have a space-age sleeping bag, but I had plenty of wool clothing and bed coverings, so, life was good. I commuted 23+ miles, into Houston, on iced roads, without winter tires. Interesting times.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List