Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Chill Factor of -13 in Dallas

This is the first night that power stayed on all night, and, has not yet been kicked-off in the morning. (Bellaire, Texas, a small city wholly captive within the sprawl of Houston, Texas.) So, it may still be rolling black-outs, but the rolls are slower.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    This is the first night that power stayed on all night, and, has not yet been kicked-off in the morning. (Bellaire, Texas, a small city wholly captive within the sprawl of Houston, Texas.) So, it may still be rolling black-outs, but the rolls are slower.
    Good news on your power... Hopefully it holds.

Oncor here says they are done with rolling blackouts. If power is still off, it's equipment related.

Water pressure is low, but it's running. Boil still required. I'm gonna shower today... just need to keep my eyes closed, I guess.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Ercot saying controlled outages lifted.
    Austin Energy now 90%with power. Pedernales is back to o 96%.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/erco...-across-texas/

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Good news on your power... Hopefully it holds.

Oncor here says they are done with rolling blackouts. If power is still off, it's equipment related.

Water pressure is low, but it's running. Boil still required. I'm gonna shower today... just need to keep my eyes closed, I guess.
    Centerpoint Energy owns the actual electrical and natural gas infrastructure here, in the Houston area, and has reported that it is all intact. Any problems are one the producer/generation/supply side.

We are postponing showering, as the water itself is considered contaminated, due to low pressure. I had bought a decent supply of moistened wipes, in the Incontinence section of the grocery store. Like baby wipes, but bigger, stronger, and without scent. I can keep clean, well enough, without showering, for the foreseeable future.

Today’s project will be the pipe I cracked, while trying to turn a stubborn cut-off valve, by the house. I will need to reach into cold, muddy water, to try to find the cut-off valve by the curb, at the meter. That valve is far below ground level, darn it. May have to call the city, to shut if off, for me, if our T-handle wrench does not give me enough leverage.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I feel blessed that my area is not under a boil water order. Bought some fruits and vegetables at the grocery store, which is open for the first time in several days. Very slim pickings on meat and pork. Bottled water was wiped out.

I drove by a Central Market and that was a sight to behold. The line stretched about 50 yards out the door. No idea as to the cause of the line. Saw one guy in shorts. Saw another guy with some sort of pajama looking clothes, wearing flip flops (socks on, after all its cold), standing in line in the slushy snow of the parking lot waiting to get in. It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round I suppose.

Cottontail rabbits are pretty prolific in north Dallas. Nevertheless, I have only seen one around my house in 20 years. I know his relatives are still here. They can't hide their tracks in this snow.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I feel blessed that my area is not under a boil water order. Bought some fruits and vegetables at the grocery store, which is open for the first time in several days. Very slim pickings on meat and pork. Bottled water was wiped out.

I drove by a Central Market and that was a sight to behold. The line stretched about 50 yards out the door. No idea as to the cause of the line. Saw one guy in shorts. Saw another guy with some sort of pajama looking clothes, wearing flip flops (socks on, after all its cold), standing in line in the slushy snow of the parking lot waiting to get in. It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round I suppose.

Cottontail rabbits are pretty prolific in north Dallas. Nevertheless, I have only seen one around my house in 20 years. I know his relatives are still here. They can't hide their tracks in this snow.
    I've had a few for dinner. Tastes just like chicken only better. Some years we are over run with those critters. Owls usually thin the herd in the summer. I build brush piles for them in the woods.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-18-2021 at 01:43 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Name:  51BDADEF-EE44-4DBD-8BC4-1F4D30E0067B.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  38.9 KB

how is Ted Cruz this bad at optics?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Name:  TED.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  58.9 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Not typical , but the other side of the aisle lives in a bad optics outhouse, the smell covered over by the yeoman efforts of the MSM.

User Tag List