Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to move temporarily back to OWB, leather suggestions?

I have a BlackPoint Leather wing holster for OWB carry. It is not all leather, but the leather it has lets it flex. It does have a sweat guard. Maybe check it out?
    https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

Some of us never left the OWB/leather combo. Don Hume is a good starting point in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Some of us never left the OWB/leather combo. Don Hume is a good starting point in your search.
    I have a bunch of older Hume leather. I thought they went out of business a few years ago? I haven’t looked in a long time, I’ve been focused on Kydex for years.

(Edit) I’ll be damned - I wonder if they got rescued? I’ll check them out, they always had workmanlike gear. Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

For a few months now I've been carried almost exclusively OWB with straight drop Dale Fricke Gideon's for either 1911 5" or G45. I've matching for WML for each. This has really spoiled me for comfort.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    For a few months now I've been carried almost exclusively OWB with straight drop Dale Fricke Gideon's for either 1911 5" or G45. I've matching for WML for each. This has really spoiled me for comfort.
    I like his design! Thanks...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Great holsters. I almost never carry with an OWB that isn't on a duty belt, but do have a Gideon for a G19/TLR-7A that I will use on occasion.

Galco Combatmaster or Kramer vertical scabbard.

Not sure if cant is important for you but the JRC leather SSA is the most concealable straight drop holster I have found. The back loop really pulls the gun close to the body. It can be ordered with a sweat shield and the horsehide makes it very thin. I imagine there is a wait though. I wear it just in front of the hip bone 230 to 3.

The 55bn by milt sparks is probably the finest crafted holster I have ever seen. Unfortunately, the metal reinforcement makes it very thick and it also makes it very high to clear. I heard you can custom order it without that though.

I have read that many in this forum love the 5JR for ultimate concealment if you are ok with cant. I haven't tried it though.

If I need ultra concealment I use a raven perun with my G43 configured in forward cant. The perun configured in straight drop is horrible for concealment for me. The butt of the gun sticks out terribly. It is polymer though.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 02-16-2021 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Galco Combatmaster or Kramer vertical scabbard.
    No sweat guard, though...
    Ken

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List