Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to move temporarily back to OWB, leather suggestions?

Need to move temporarily back to OWB, leather suggestions?

My surgical scar has been giving me problems lately, and IWB or AIWB is pretty uncomfortable at the moment. I think I need to put OWB holsters in place for my two most carried defensive pistols - a 26.5 and a 43. I may find a third for the 43x with RDS, but it’s not vetted for carry yet so that can wait. I have OWB options for my 19.5 with RDS already. I’m looking for something quick to find, reasonably priced and more concealable than my ghetto use ALS holsters.

I’m actually thinking I’d prefer leather for this. I have a Winthrop pancake for the 26 that I’ve been using for the last week to see if it helped, and it is doing a more than decent job. Anything else I should look at before I order the same holster for the 43? I know leather is passé at the moment, but I have to admit carrying the 26 this way has been hugely comfortable. I want full muzzle coverage and a sweat guard.

Any other suggestions?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My surgical scar has been giving me problems lately, and IWB or AIWB is pretty uncomfortable at the moment. I think I need to put OWB holsters in place for my two most carried defensive pistols - a 26.5 and a 43. I may find a third for the 43x with RDS, but it’s not vetted for carry yet so that can wait. I have OWB options for my 19.5 with RDS already. I’m looking for something quick to find, reasonably priced and more concealable than my ghetto use ALS holsters.

I’m actually thinking I’d prefer leather for this. I have a Winthrop pancake for the 26 that I’ve been using for the last week to see if it helped, and it is doing a more than decent job. Anything else I should look at before I order the same holster for the 43? I know leather is passé at the moment, but I have to admit carrying the 26 this way has been hugely comfortable. I want full muzzle coverage and a sweat guard.

Any other suggestions?
    Do you think something like this could work for you?

Name:  B7A8D0B5-4DA5-4E96-9843-BACC2D8CA004.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  68.5 KB
    Name:  59E795CC-1DFC-4DD0-BE5A-25556C5CD3B5.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  69.4 KB

It’s a N82 IWB holster but the padding is so soft and wide maybe it would work?

I don’t use it so would be happy to mail it to you to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Do you think something like this could work for you?

Name:  B7A8D0B5-4DA5-4E96-9843-BACC2D8CA004.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  68.5 KB
    Name:  59E795CC-1DFC-4DD0-BE5A-25556C5CD3B5.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  69.4 KB

It’s a N82 IWB holster but the padding is so soft and wide maybe it would work?

I don’t use it so would be happy to mail it to you to try out.
    Thank you - I have something similar here that was my stepfather’s. It doesn’t work as well as OWB - the pressure is still there. Thank you for the kind offer!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Any other suggestions?
    My only leather OWB is a recently purchased Upper Limit Express from Mitch Rosen. Happy with it so far except that for my shape, a bit of cant would probably be better than the straight drop. The 5JR seems to get good reviews.

https://mitchrosen.com/products/express-line/

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    My only leather OWB is a recently purchased Upper Limit Express from Mitch Rosen. Happy with it so far except that for my shape, a bit of cant would probably be better than the straight drop. The 5JR seems to get good reviews.

TT might be an option. The others - no sweat guard. Thanks for the suggestions! Mitch Rosen was the first place I looked.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    TT might be an option. The others - no sweat guard. Thanks for the suggestions! Mitch Rosen was the first place I looked.
    Even though Tim is like 5 weeks out vs quick ship for the others, that would be my first choice if I wasn't willing to wait a lot longer.

Not leather, but pretty comfortable and inexpensive. Raven Perun.

https://www.amazon.com/Raven-Conceal.../dp/B078XN9DSN

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Not leather, but pretty comfortable and inexpensive. Raven Perun.

https://www.amazon.com/Raven-Conceal.../dp/B078XN9DSN
    I have one of those for my 19. Good holster.
    Ken

My favorite OWB holster is the Alessis CQC-S holster. I don’t think they’re still in business anymore, but there are many copies. It hides my 27 as well as any pancake, and is easier to put on / take off.

User Tag List