Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henry the Happy Hound channels his inner TOGO! Mush, Henry! Mush!

Henry the Happy Hound channels his inner TOGO! Mush, Henry! Mush!

So the Minions were being obnoxious and fighting non stop.

Not so great weather and not enough to do inside leads them to constant bickering and picking on each other. Apparently some jackass wrote some law that said I can't just throw them outside until they stop it, and actually have to take care of them.. Whatever...

So I threw the little hell raisers in the old Land Cruiser along with the Happy Hound and we headed for the hills a short distance away.

Henry is always Happy, and he was all to eager to hit the trail. We stuck him in a harness, attached one of the kids sleds to it and.. Lets just say I need to work on my cardio!

Note to self: Bring helmets for the kids next time.

Last edited by Lost River; 02-14-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Henry was having a blast and the kids were screaming their heads off, laughing.

He was having as good a time as the girls, no doubt!

Only problem was when he smells a rabbit!

The girls learned to bail off pretty fast!

Mini Minion has the classic "Whoa Crap" look on her face as henry takes off...

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I can't like this thread enough.

Henry is one happy dog. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I can't like this thread enough.
    So much this!

Another killer slice of life from LR.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"Only problem was when he smells a rabbit!"

Grab "Winterdance" by Gary Paulson. It's his autobiographical account of deciding to run the Iditarod after running trap lines with dogs in Minnesota. His account of what happens when true sled dogs decide to chase skunks is hilarious. Plus which the whole book is a great story, well told.

Thanks for these posts. All of my photographic-type memories of my early childhood are from camping or hunting trips with my family. I don't even know where most of these things happened which is probably good. I'd probably be disappointed to see them now. You're giving your kids an upbringing that's way too rare.

My oldest kiddo just sent me this pic she took from her phone.

"Who's a tired boy?"

People could use a lot more good stories like this.
    Thank you for posting.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

User Tag List