Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: “AK47” of PCCs? Is it Uzis?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Super reliable. And takes Glock mags. The answer is easy to me but not inexpensive.

B&T APC9 PRO.

https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/sto...h&search=b%26T

Bad news in addition to price is finding one in stock. The websites above seems to get them regularly.
    You can also find them new with the Glock lower. I had to but my Glock lower separately.
    The B&T is a great gun though in the OP’s end of the world scenario you would need to have some spare buffers to keep it going.

Personally I think the ability to use two of the most common pistol mags (Glock and SIG) makes it worth simply keeping a spare buffer or two

IMI sells the UZI Pro pistol in the US. It has a rail for an optic, a rail for a light, and you can buy it with a folding "brace."

I'm not saying it's a good idea, I'm just saying if I were going to buy into an UZI platform, I'd do that, instead of a Century clone...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had a Roni and it would not hold zero, such that I always shot better at 25 yards with my 19 with iron sights than with the Roni and a red dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Reliability issues and they don’t hold zero.
    Oooof. I was wondering about zero and Ronis, and that's sort of feedback that I trust. I'm planning on a CMMG MKGs in 9mm as 16" gun for PCC. I see that JP has announced a new 9mm AR-style carbine that is apparently roller-delayed in similar fashion to a MP5. If I had to have a bombproof and small PCC, I would look to a SP5/HK clone, but I would also consider that JP, assuming it works and I had the dollars.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Every few years I get the PCC bug when I look at photos of the new hotness. And I get close to buying one and change my mind. Got close to buying a new Ruger PCC to use the glock mags I already have and the new magpul backpacker stock looks cool which I have for my 10/22 takedown.

But I don’t think I’ll buy it, when I look at what I want a PCC for, the only thing that makes sense, maybe, is an old school Uzi.

You see, I have no interest in using the PCC for competition, nor to shoot “cheaper” ammo for training/plinking (esp these days at 75 cents a round for 9mm), and I don’t want to keep it in my vehicle as a truck gun that can share mags with my CCW gun.
    Question for you... are you looking for 16" carbine? Or talking about PCC as in something two handed that takes pistol caliber?

Kriss Vectors take Glock mags...

So do TNW Aero Rifles / Pistols if you like the bug-out fantasy thing. They take Glock mags.

Also JR Carbines have takedown models and take Glock mags.

I may or may not own all of the above.

Name:  subguns.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  52.0 KB

I have all of the above SBR'd except for the B&T GHM9, that one isn't worth the expense, the gun itself is awesome but the stock piece that would replace the tailhook costs 600 bucks plus the cost of the stamp and would do nothing better than the tailhook is already. Even if "pistols" go away I'd just pay the tax and keep the tailhook in place. I have tried to like 9mm subguns that take glock mags but just can't, the angle to feed in the gun is just weird for me and since I 1911 or Beretta most of the times anyway it wouldn't make much difference to me personally. I also always feel like I'm fighting the gun on the reloads much more with glock mags than anything else as well, might just be me though... I like the UZI, and the mags are relatively affordable, but you know what's cheaper? Those 9mm AR mags from C products that I use in the CMMG MK9 AR... Those things I can find at most of the gun shops in town and they only cost me 19.99 each if I'm paying full boat. Same manual of arms as my other AR's as well. Obviously the MP-5's are the coolest looking but as you noted expensive and mags are spendy. UMP clone is a toy, fun but probably the last of the bunch I would grab out of the safe for real use. The UZI is a brick, the trigger is the worst of the bunch and the grip safety can be annoying,but the gun always go's bang when I pull the trigger....and at least for now, spare parts are affordable and pretty available.... Mine is a Action Arms/ IMI, I'm not really up on the domestic manufacture ones, though I do have a few buddies with parts kits builds that seem to run well, including two SOT registered full auto's.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

I'll throw in and say that the "AK" of PCC's is the H&K MP5, and as others have pointed out, it's not a cheap proposition.

However, Uzi's aren't cheap either, so you'd be in about the same price range either way.

I just went with the Evo myself, and have had a ball shooting it. Since I don't own any Glocks, I'm not exactly worried about compatibility. Plus, there's a fair amount of aftermarket support from Magpul, Apex, SB, and others.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'll throw in and say that the "AK" of PCC's is the H&K MP5, and as others have pointed out, it's not a cheap proposition.

However, Uzi's aren't cheap either, so you'd be in about the same price range either way.

I just went with the Evo myself, and have had a ball shooting it. Since I don't own any Glocks, I'm not exactly worried about compatibility. Plus, there's a fair amount of aftermarket support from Magpul, Apex, SB, and others.
    The Scorpion is a prolific and reliable SMG - the only downside IME is the ergonomics (especially grip and safety) suck but are easily fixed. It’s direct blowback so it’s a little snappy but should last as long as a blow back 9mm AR.

Thanks for replies so far. Some replies:

I’m not married to using glock mags. I used to want to, but I think some heavy duty steel mags would serve the purpose better.

I am looking for a 16” carbine. Not a pistol with a wrist brace. I know it will look stupid.

The MP5 is interesting. I saw H&K did put out a civilian something recently, but looks like a pistol braced MP5.

You guys gave me an idea of an HK 94. Which I think is essentially a 16” full stock MP5 I think. But maybe not, maybe it’s more of a 9mm G3/HK91? It’s been a while since I dug into that world. I recall one concern of the Hk91 being maybe no bolt open on last round?

The 9mm AK is interesting. It’s literally the 9mm PCC AK I asked for, but because it’s not made in a ComBloc country, and because it’s a different caliber and shaped mag than any of the two actual AK rounds, i a, skeptical it will be the same AK reliability as an AK74/47.

I really want a 7 to 8 pound steel rifle with fixed stock and 16” barrel that I can put an aimpoint micro on, that runs 30 round 9mm mags and does so super reliably. I know it’s absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The B&T is a great gun though in the OP’s end of the world scenario you would need to have some spare buffers to keep it going.

Personally I think the ability to use two of the most common pistol mags (Glock and SIG) makes it worth simply keeping a spare buffer or two
    And since this is P-F there is an option that takes Beretta 92 mags.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/ar9-pistol/

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/ar9-carbine/

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    The 9mm AK is interesting. It’s literally the 9mm PCC AK I asked for, but because it’s not made in a ComBloc country, and because it’s a different caliber and shaped mag than any of the two actual AK rounds, i a, skeptical it will be the same AK reliability as an AK74/47.

I really want a 7 to 8 pound steel rifle with fixed stock and 16” barrel that I can put an aimpoint micro on, that runs 30 round 9mm mags and does so super reliably. I know it’s absurd.
    The Kalashnikov KR9 may be the thing you are looking for. For one, it has the Gun Jesus Stamp of Approval.

Note that it is a straight blowback gun with a slightly shortened receiver to run the shorter 9mm.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List