Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a K frame "disappear"?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I love my 2x2x2, I wouldn’t mind another for .44 Mag.
    Simply Rugged makes very good ones if you want heartier leather than Galco or De Santis. Even in odd calibers, like one for my 41 Magnum. They also offer a pouch to hold loaded speed strips:

https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...cfm?cat_id=671

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Deleted, double-posted.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Autos print like guns. Revolvers print like an incongruous, undefinable object.

That is a really, really good way of putting it. I agree completely but am not smart enough to come up with such a concise analogy.

Years ago, when Chris Fry invented the Pocket Shield, I was one of the first testers because Chris knew the NPE I was in a great deal of the time. I found it to be a great solution for carrying things under the radar and when RCS started making them commercially I was excited. Then I read some early reviews and people were saying things on the order of “ you can still see that I have something in my pocket”. I went on a bit of a rant publicly and said that the Pocket Shield is not a cloaking device, it just hides that you are carrying a weapon. If people can’t tell that lump is something that they should pay attention to, they won’t. People carry crap in pockets. If it is not obvious it’s a knife or a small gun then it is irrelevant. I think what TGS stated above is along the same lines.

I’m stealing that BTW
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy45 View Post
    A 19 does a little better. I'm about to send a 17 frame to Bowie to have it chopped to 19. I think that'll help but the sights/rear of the slide print too in a polo shirt for me. I am going to go up a size in shirts and try that as well. A 26 has never felt good to me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Next question, more for my edification than anything.

Does it have to be a 3” with a hammer? I’m pretty confident about making consistent, fifteen yard head shots with my 43c, 332, and 631.

I’d recommend a 3”632 but those are basically unobtanium and stupid expensive when they do show up.
    Not necessarily a hammer. I like the idea of a 3" to keep more below the belt and I'd really like to have real sights.

A 60-4 may be a good choice for you, but it seems that they have gotten expensive since I got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    A 60-4 may be a good choice for you, but it seems that they have gotten expensive since I got mine.
    Awesome. I carry my 36-6 on occasion:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Name:  60-4 S&W.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  94.8 KB

Here is a picture of the 60-4. The only thing I would change is to add a more robust rear sight, like the D&L sight.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 02-14-2021 at 03:57 PM. Reason: add some info

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Name:  60-4 S&W.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  94.8 KB

Here is a picture of the 60-4. The only thing I would change is to add a more robust rear sight, like the D&L sight.
    Whimper...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy45 View Post
    Not necessarily a hammer. I like the idea of a 3" to keep more below the belt and I'd really like to have real sights.
    Having a 3" lever instead of a 2" lever might be more helpful but trying to keep weight below the belt is less of an issue. Autos are top heavy with their mags. Revolvers weight is more centered at the belt due to the cylinder.

I find a dcc monoblock very stable with revolvers but not with autos.

I've been working through a similar thought process recently, for very different reasons. In this case it's a trail gun niche, something easy to hide but that still packs some punch. Initially I considered a K-frame, something like a M66 2.75" and that would likely work well but of course no one local has one or expects to get one anytime soon, and I'm not buying a new S&W without being able to inspect it first. I have 4-inch K-frames that would work but they're all square butt. While it's easy to hide anything up here in cool coastal light jacket territory, there are some inland hikes planned for spring and next month I need to go to a large project site in the desert for work and that helped prioritize the decision.

So I pulled out the Colt King Cobra 3 inch purchased a year and a half ago and took the time to resolve the one reason it hadn't been carried. Five minutes with a small file, and the ejector rod no longer sticks. Took it to the range yesterday and it shoots very close to POA with several loads I might carry. Six rounds, hides really well IWB, 28 oz which with the factory Hogue's is heavy enough to soak up recoil to at least 357 140 gr Barnes Vor-TX level but light enough to easily carry all day on steep backcountry trails, slightly smaller than a K-frame (almost exactly SP-101 size), good trigger, and no internal lock to remove and plug. So I'm going to try it on that work trip. It's about G19 size but without the boxy shape, and only very slightly heavier.

May still watch for that M66 longer term, but it takes some pressure off.

User Tag List