Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a K frame "disappear"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Calling @03RN and @Stephanie B
    Ive found k frames really fit me well. The rounder lines dont print like the hard sharp edges of autos and their magazines.

You just have to decide if the capacity limitations is ok for you. It's definitely limits me in competition but I am comfortable with the capacity in the real world.

I like having a little more power for woods use or barriers if needed.

Comfort wise its a pretty big difference too.
    Name:  20210101_140619.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  42.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Why not GL19 or GL26 ? Platform you are used to. Have you tried different holsters ?

J frame etc.... are easier to hide, 2-3" barrel K frame body/holster dependent.

Revolvers round shpes blend well in some positions.
    A 19 does a little better. I'm about to send a 17 frame to Bowie to have it chopped to 19. I think that'll help but the sights/rear of the slide print too in a polo shirt for me. I am going to go up a size in shirts and try that as well. A 26 has never felt good to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    S&W 2.75" Model 66 or 2.5" Model 19 with boot grips and an AIWB holster from JM Custom Kydex ought to do the trick.

If you're very small waisted a wearing tight clothing, then I'd look into the LCR.....otherwise it's mostly a matter of choosing the right grips and holster/position. Or, if you have to wear tucked in shirts, then put an LCR in a pocket holster and call it a day.
    I do not fall under the small waisted catagory at all. I was thinking a k frame with boot grips may be close in concealability.

Maybe it's my pants but an p3at prints in my pocket, I can't imagine an LCR not being worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Can you get the 3” LCRx in .327 Magnum? If so and you’re willing to deal with acquiring ammo and peripherals for a new caliber that would solve your sixth round pretty handily.

If you’re looking to stay with a .38/.357 a model 12 pretty much disappears with an IWB for me and only weighs 18ish ounces unloaded.
    My problem would be solved if I could. In 3" I only see 327 in the sp101.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Ive found k frames really fit me well. The rounder lines dont print like the hard sharp edges of autos and their magazines.

You just have to decide if the capacity limitations is ok for you. It's definitely limits me in competition but I am comfortable with the capacity in the real world.

I like having a little more power for woods use or barriers if needed.

Comfort wise its a pretty big difference too.
    Capacity doesn't bother me so much for carry but when I compete (which hasn't been much lately) I like to compete with what I carry. I also like to take classes with my carry setup. So a k frame would lend itself more to that and I can find a competitive division with 6 shots, 5 doesn't really work. However, competition isn't the main focus of this gun and I have to keep telling myself that.

I really think for me the lines of a revolver will work better than an auto. Not moving away from autos I just want another option depending on where I'm going and who I'll be seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy45 View Post
    I do not fall under the small waisted catagory at all. I was thinking a k frame with boot grips may be close in concealability.

Maybe it's my pants but an p3at prints in my pocket, I can't imagine an LCR not being worse?
    Autos print like guns. Revolvers print like an incongruous, undefinable object.

I just returned back from a run out in town to grab some breakfast, drinks, chocolates and flowers for my wife, and am fully confident of the concealability of a K-frame with a JMCK AIWB holster. It really does disappear......I do not have a very small waist, so I run Pachmyer Compacts and they really do the trick both for shooting and concealment.
    Last edited by TGS; 02-14-2021 at 09:37 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Why not GL19 or GL26 ? Platform you are used to. Have you tried different holsters ?
    I find the G26 harder to conceal because shorter slide doesn’t lever the grip back in towards my body as well as the longer slide of the 19 or 17. The shorter guns conceal better in a G17 Kydex holster but the G26 is still too small for me to run well at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    On the weapon, itself, boot grips, or the old-school factory Magna grips, will be leading contenders in reducing bulge. Some like to use a grip adapter with Magna grips.
    My favorite is the out-of-print Pachmayr because it doesn't have finger grooves. Tyler T-Grips help but delivery is slow and erratic. I’ve never used a BK grip adapter but it looks a LOT like a T-Grip and probably works about as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I can hide a revolver cylinder more successfully that a blocky pistol slide at AIWB, but I have to get that cylinder into the inguinal crease, which is where one’s appendix is truly located.
    And this. It’s a sweet spot. I’ve carried revolvers of varying sizes and barrel lengths like this and it just plain works.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

What Okie John said about the G26 not concealing as easy as a bigger gun is exactly what I discovered many years ago. Hard to believe it has been 30 years now, but yeah, 1991 I bought a Colt Officer's ACP and customized it thinking it would be the ultimate carry gun. Ends up that I found a 5" gun was more comfortable to carry IWB, and I shot it better. I still carried that Officer's ACP everywhere because it was what I had, but it was a good lesson.

In terms of K Frames, I think a 3" round butt would be pretty ideal.

If you want a revolver then get a revolver. If capacity is an issue then carry 2. (think pocket or ankle back-up)

Holsters and belts can help much.

A more rounded grip (Shield) without the sharp cornered magazine hides much better. (The 43x/48 have a pointy corner mag)

The cylinder on the K frame may require a bit looser waist line. I would think a 3" LCR would conceal well...

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Autos print like guns. Revolvers print like an incongruous, undefinable object.

I just returned back from a run out in town to grab some breakfast, drinks, chocolates and flowers for my wife, and am fully confident of the concealability of a K-frame with a JMCK AIWB holster. It really does disappear......I do not have a very small waist, so I run Pachmyer Compacts and they really do the trick both for shooting and concealment.
    Name:  20201020_130313.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  72.3 KB

User Tag List