Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a K frame "disappear"?

I played with steel revolvers for almost two years, looking for the best one for me. In the end I kept the Kimber K6s and sold the Colt Cobra and Smith 640 Pro and Wiley Clapp SP101. Since that time I added a Kimber 3" DA/SA and it is a shooter and neither of the K6s have offered a moment of problems. In all fairness, I did own one of the early K6s and I sold it due to fear of firing pin problems, and to be honest I don't know if that K6 ever had a problem. The early K6 is the one to try the other makes to see which I liked the Best! Kimber won for the following reasons: action, sights, six rounds and "melted" edges . When I got a chance to purchase the 3" K6s for a ranch gun at a good price I purchased it, no regrets. Although they look big they fit all my J frame holsters easily. 25ozs

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    I played with steel revolvers for almost two years, looking for the best one for me. In the end I kept the Kimber K6s and sold the Colt Cobra and Smith 640 Pro and Wiley Clapp SP101. Since that time I added a Kimber 3" DA/SA and it is a shooter and neither of the K6s have offered a moment of problems. In all fairness, I did own one of the early K6s and I sold it due to fear of firing pin problems, and to be honest I don't know if that K6 ever had a problem. The early K6 is the one to try the other makes to see which I liked the Best! Kimber won for the following reasons: action, sights, six rounds and "melted" edges . When I got a chance to purchase the 3" K6s for a ranch gun at a good price I purchased it, no regrets. Although they look big they fit all my J frame holsters easily. 25ozs

I’ve been watching for a set of those new Hogues for months, but everyone is either gouging or has ridiculous shipping. Time to search again.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Short answer. Yes a k frame will disappear due to the size and shape far greater than it should.
    Long answer. I love my 3" 65 and would never discourage anyone from carrying one. I would offer two set ups that may make what you have work or maybe switching to a Glock 19. I carry a 26 or a 19 quite often in an NPE. I have found a smartcarry or a JMkydex 2.5 attached to an enigma can work wonders and disappear in circumstances that otherwise would leave me pocket carrying a j frame.

Site Supporter
    FWIW - I've been wearing my 681 (4" L frame) IWB the last couple of days and it pretty much disappears. Grip frames are the same for K and L frames, and that's what's above the belt line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post

I completely forgot about the Kimber K6. I've heard it on some pretty good authority that these are well made guns. My only hang up is the lack of a quality Push-To-Release speed loader.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

3” M-64 in a Lobo offset belt clip (AIWB)

It’s an awesome holster, but I’m also in Texas and in hindsight, leather was not a great idea.

Also the clip is making holes in all my t-shorts.

If anyone has a performance center 632 in 327 that they aren't using I'd be happy to adopt it!?! I think that would fill this roll perfectly. If not, I'll probably go 19 carry comp or 66 3" if I can find one. I would love a 6 shot j frame size wheelie.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Ive found k frames really fit me well. The rounder lines dont print like the hard sharp edges of autos and their magazines.

You just have to decide if the capacity limitations is ok for you. It's definitely limits me in competition but I am comfortable with the capacity in the real world.

I like having a little more power for woods use or barriers if needed.

Comfort wise its a pretty big difference too.
    Attachment 67579
    I like that belt. Where would I find one of those?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Ive found k frames really fit me well. The rounder lines dont print like the hard sharp edges of autos and their magazines.

You just have to decide if the capacity limitations is ok for you. It's definitely limits me in competition but I am comfortable with the capacity in the real world.

I like having a little more power for woods use or barriers if needed.

Comfort wise its a pretty big difference too.
    Attachment 67579
    what's the revolver and what
    holster speed loader set up are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I like that belt. Where would I find one of those?
    https://ciguera.com/emissary-belt/

User Tag List