Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a K frame "disappear"?

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    what's the revolver and what
    holster speed loader set up are you using?
    Jmcustom aiwb holster. I use a safariland cd-2 flipped iwb for the speedloader pouch.

Smith m66-8 is the gun

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Thanks. I ordered one.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    FWIW - I've been wearing my 681 (4" L frame) IWB the last couple of days and it pretty much disappears. Grip frames are the same for K and L frames, and that's what's above the belt line.
    ^^^ That.

My 2 cents. I have a 2.5" 19-3 that I shoot frequently. I load it down to 850 fps using fast powder. A K frame wasn't built for 357 mag. I've had L frames and would much prefer that to a K frame if I'm going to be shooting full house .357 factory ammo. The K frame was designed for 38 Spl. L frames were designed for .357. I have never shot a .357 L frame, mine were 696, but I truly like the size of the L frame for .357. The recoil from .357 is much greater than any 9mm auto so needs to be considered in revolver frames. Ruger GP 101 is the std. 357 model and is very comparable to a L frame Smith.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-15-2021 at 09:44 PM.

I know they live in the shadows because they lack that elusive sixth round, but I have one of the SPs, and it is big enough to shoot well, and that grip really does disappear.
    Name:  Gemini SP.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  66.8 KB

ETA: 9mm might be an option (though not three inch), and are listed in the 327.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I know they live in the shadows because they lack that elusive sixth round, but I have one of the SPs, and it is big enough to shoot well, and that grip really does disappear.
    Name:  Gemini SP.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  66.8 KB

ETA: 9mm might be an option (though not three inch), and are listed in the 327.
    I am on the hunt for one of these in .327. I think that would be about perfect! Thanks for the info, do you think it's big enough to shoot in a BUG match or something like that? 50-75 rounds at a time and not be miserable?

They really do look good.

I missed the edit window but had some more SP-101 thoughts:
    - S&W doesn't currently show a fixed sight 3" K-frame 357mag
    - M-66 seems to be the only stainless K-frame?
    - SP-101 has an interchangeable front sight, a used 64/65 would not
    - List price -$150
    - JMCK AIWB support for 2.25" and 3"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy45 View Post
    I am on the hunt for one of these in .327. I think that would be about perfect! Thanks for the info, do you think it's big enough to shoot in a BUG match or something like that? 50-75 rounds at a time and not be miserable?
    Sure, .327 gives you a bunch of options if you do not reload, and if you get a .327 you could save a lotta money reloading.
    But it really is nice to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I missed the edit window but had some more SP-101 thoughts:
    - S&W doesn't currently show a fixed sight 3" K-frame 357mag
    - M-66 seems to be the only stainless K-frame?
    - SP-101 has an interchangeable front sight, a used 64/65 would not
    - List price -$150
    - JMCK AIWB support for 2.25" and 3"
    There appears to be a 2.75 M66 that was made fairly recently but any 3" wheel gun is very hard to come by right now.

JM & DSG boith have 3" sp101 setups. I can't imagine not being happy with one or the other and I can actually find .327 ammo some places still. Now I just need to find something to shoot it out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    I played with steel revolvers for almost two years, looking for the best one for me. In the end I kept the Kimber K6s and sold the Colt Cobra and Smith 640 Pro and Wiley Clapp SP101. Since that time I added a Kimber 3" DA/SA and it is a shooter and neither of the K6s have offered a moment of problems. In all fairness, I did own one of the early K6s and I sold it due to fear of firing pin problems, and to be honest I don't know if that K6 ever had a problem. The early K6 is the one to try the other makes to see which I liked the Best! Kimber won for the following reasons: action, sights, six rounds and "melted" edges . When I got a chance to purchase the 3" K6s for a ranch gun at a good price I purchased it, no regrets. Although they look big they fit all my J frame holsters easily. 25ozs

Thank you sir! To wrap this thread up I snagged a 2" K6 CT today at the lgs. 3" would have been my first choice but right now it doesn't seem like being choosy is an option. It feels great and is amazingly slim for a 6 shooter, I can't wait to get out and put some dlsome doings through it.

Thanks everyone for the help and input!

Jeremy

User Tag List