Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beeman R7 air rifle

Beeman R7 air rifle

Given the ammunition situation, I finally went ahead and bought the R7 I’ve been wanting for a long time. I know you can get more power for less money, but I wasn’t looking for high power — I wanted something reasonably light & compact, smooth, accurate, easy cocking, and...nice.

Name:  1072F001-3B9E-4E8C-8806-56466892E19C.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  39.7 KB

I just installed the scope and got it sighted in using some pellets I had on hand. I’m very pleased so far. The trigger is nice, and it is much smoother firing than my cheap old spring-air gun. I’ve got an assortment of pellets coming to experiment with.

Name:  C7276FB8-8849-4C03-80DD-2962357C1CB2.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  34.7 KB

The first 5-shot groups at 50 feet.

I think this is going to be fun......

Site Supporter
    What scope did you go with? I need a good air rifle scope.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    What scope did you go with? I need a good air rifle scope.
    The Hawke 4x. I was trying for simple, light, bright and relatively inexpensive.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Hawke...OA_1_Tube/5165

I always wanted one of those.

I have a .22 cal Benjamin gas spring rifle. Does a good job of killing squirrels eating from our bird feeder. Trigger kinda sucks and it does like to throw fliers. The scope that came with it wouldn't hold zero, but the cheap UTG 4x I bought to replace it has surprisingly held up well.

How is the adjustable Rekord trigger? Those are some very nice air rifles they make and with the ammo shortage maybe it is time for me to circle back for another look. Happy shooting looking forward to you reporting on different pellets.

Site Supporter
    I always liked the dimensions on those R7s. If springers didn't give me a headache I would certainly have one in the collection.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    How is the adjustable Rekord trigger? Those are some very nice air rifles they make and with the ammo shortage maybe it is time for me to circle back for another look. Happy shooting looking forward to you reporting on different pellets.
    I'll try to focus on it next time and come up with a a more articulate answer than "nice". ;-) General impression is smooth and light.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Good choice!

My first "adult" air rifle was a Beeman R7- an early one with the soda-straw barrel, no safety, and the stamped cap at the rear of the receiver. I foolishly traded it away for a powder burner, but it was eerily accurate within its effective envelope. After about 25 years without a good airgun, I decided to try and recapture the past. The "old" Beeman outfit was no more, so I got a nominal equivalent... an HW30S Deluxe.

The old R7 may have been a tad more carefully made, but this 30 is still light, easy to cock, and quiet. Accuracy is good as long as I don't bobble my springer technique... it can be kind of unforgiving despite not having much of a "twang". I equipped it with a Leupold VXII 3-9 x 33 AO scope in a Sportsmatch one-piece "droop" mount/rings, as like many springers from Weihrauch, it has some barrel droop.

Unlike some more powerful air rifles, I actually ENJOY using this thing, and it is about as easy to care for and live with as one could ask for.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I’ve got an R7 that has not been shot for years. It needs gaskets and servicing. Anyone know where to get parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by marty.eaves View Post
    I’ve got an R7 that has not been shot for years. It needs gaskets and servicing. Anyone know where to get parts?

I haven't used one in years, but James Maccari made the best tune kits going: https://www.airrifleheadquarters.com...age/251488.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List