Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beeman R7 air rifle

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by marty.eaves View Post
    I’ve got an R7 that has not been shot for years. It needs gaskets and servicing. Anyone know where to get parts?
    Air Rifle Headquarters has already been mentioned, but you can also try Pyramid Air. Some of the harder-to-get OEM Weihrauch OEM parts can be had from TW Chambers in the UK, but it is best to buy a bunch of things from them at one time due to the red tape and shipping.

I have had good luck with Airguns of Arizona for supplies and accessories, but unless things have changed in the last couple of years, they are not really a parts source.

Gratuitous slide: some of the airgun magazines from the UK might be helpful for people just getting into (or back into) airguns. It's a whole different world, but they take their airguns seriously.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Which UK air gun magazines do you recommend?
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

@peterb, I'm looking at the R7 and R9. Was the lower cocking effort your reason for going with the R7?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    @peterb, I'm looking at the R7 and R9. Was the lower cocking effort your reason for going with the R7?
    I wanted a rifle that was smaller, lighter and with easier cocking effort than the R9. I'm not a large person and I thought the R7 would be a better fit. Power was not a priority.

First quick pellet test: I did a quick search online for pellets that owners said worked well in the R7, and ordered a few to try.

Disclaimers:
    1) I have a lot to learn about shooting a rifle. Watching the crosshairs bounce in time with my pulse was a Clue. :-)

2) For a rest I'm using the "random stuff you find in the basement" technique, which at the moment is a blanket on a suitcase on a card table.

3) A barrel-cocking gun does require that you lift it off the rest between each shot. I'm probably not consistent enough.

All round-nose field pellets, 5-shot groups at 50 feet:
    Name:  First three.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  90.5 KB

So no clear winner yet. Have to shoot more. Darn. ;-)

It did go 3-for-3 on .38 special cases at that range.
    Name:  38s.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  100.5 KB

One goal is to start working on my offhand technique. It's really nice being able to shoot without leaving the house.

Thanks! Given my proclivities for plinking, the 7 would probably fit my needs just fine. I do know from my first go ‘round with “grown up” air guns 10 years ago or so, hold is everything and then some. IIRC the usual advice was to start with an “artillery hold” which is just loosely cupping it in your off hand instead of gripping it like a rifle. I don’t remember though if that was just for off hand shooting or bench shooting as well.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Another quick pellet test:
    Name:  DAA14639-2BD6-4757-9E82-C7F9D3C43043.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  26.9 KB

Felt like I was shooting better except the one pulled left on the upper target.

Not sure what’s up with the wandering groups. Probably me.

User Tag List