Thread: DAN WESSON DWX QUESTION...................

DAN WESSON DWX QUESTION...................

Hello Gentlemen; This is my FIRST POST here. Iam extremely interested in the new DAN WESSON DWX COMPACT model when it becomes available. I have 3 questions. 1. Does anyone have a video I could watch on the "Take Down & Reassembly" of this pistol??? On the Dan Wesson site it talks about not being an actual 1911 type pistol. 2. Does anyone know as to "When" a person can actually purchase one??? I have called their CSC and was told they HAVE NO CLUE. Seriously not joking. 3. Who is the biggest dealer of Dan Wesson in the midwest as I truly do want to order and buy one. 4. Sorry, I know I said only 3 questions. My last question does anyone have an opinion be it good or be it bad about this particular pistol??? I have been an avid shooter now for many decades and have 3 Sigs, 1 Sphinx, and 1 Beretta. Love them all but this particular pistol with its MATCH GRADE BARREL appears to be a real jewel that I really want to buy. THANK YOU for any help and advice that you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCK XX View Post
    Hello Gentlemen; This is my FIRST POST here. Iam extremely interested in the new DAN WESSON DWX COMPACT model when it becomes available. I have 3 questions. 1. Does anyone have a video I could watch on the "Take Down & Reassembly" of this pistol??? On the Dan Wesson site it talks about not being an actual 1911 type pistol. 2. Does anyone know as to "When" a person can actually purchase one??? I have called their CSC and was told they HAVE NO CLUE. Seriously not joking. 3. Who is the biggest dealer of Dan Wesson in the midwest as I truly do want to order and buy one. 4. Sorry, I know I said only 3 questions. My last question does anyone have an opinion be it good or be it bad about this particular pistol??? I have been an avid shooter now for many decades and have 3 Sigs, 1 Sphinx, and 1 Beretta. Love them all but this particular pistol with its MATCH GRADE BARREL appears to be a real jewel that I really want to buy. THANK YOU for any help and advice that you can offer.
    COVID probably is a big factor in why it isn't available yet but new products frequently get their release delayed for any number of reasons. Lots of us have been very interested in this gun and I plan on getting some variation of DWX when they eventually do come out.

Until then the only helpful info I can offer if the existing DWX thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Dan-Wesson-DWX
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    COVID probably is a big factor in why it isn't available yet but new products frequently get their release delayed for any number of reasons. Lots of us have been very interested in this gun and I plan on getting some variation of DWX when they eventually do come out.

Until then the only helpful info I can offer if the existing DWX thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Dan-Wesson-DWX
    THANK YOU Bigghoss. Sounds like its still going to be a while. If you find out how it comes apart and goes back togethor I would really love seeing a video on it.

Just looking at the pistol from pics, it is more likely than not your basic Browning tilt lock design. Pull the slide back a bit , pop out the slide stop, let the slide come forward and remove the entire top end.

It does not have a barrel bushing, so the top end is most likely like any other 1911 without one.

That is pure speculation on my part, as I have never seen one in person.

Site Supporter
    This DWX is why I need some CZ75 compact mags. Gotta plan ahead given the current political climate.

I'm just repeating what other forum members have said already, but from everything I have heard, the delays of getting the DWX into customer's hands is being attributed to COVID. It was the perfect storm of introducing the pistol at about the same time the world was being introduced to the pandemic.

And yes, the disassembly will be just as described previously in this thread.

I'm pretty certain that even folks like CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works have no definitive idea of when they will actually receive pistols for sale and distribution.

There is an ongoing (but not very informative) thread on The Original CZ Forum about this pistol. (https://czfirearms.us/)

The DWX breaks down about the same as most tilt barrel pistols. Remove slide stop and pull upper from frame.

As for dealers the big online guys are going to the best bets when they start shipping. The largest CZ/DW dealer in the country is D&L sporting goods in RI. If you are in Ohio or PA Vance outdoors, The Fin or sportsmans supply co will be good dealers to check with.

No updates on shipping have been provided to me yet so I cant give you any info on when you will be able to buy one.

I have a few thousand rounds on them and really like the pistol.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

At the :50 second mark he starts talking about how the compact has a linkless barrel lie a CZ P09. So, I would guess you take it down like a usual CZ. The slide stop is the take down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CySk4RNrlKg

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    The DWX breaks down about the same as most tilt barrel pistols. Remove slide stop and pull upper from frame.

As for dealers the big online guys are going to the best bets when they start shipping. The largest CZ/DW dealer in the country is D&L sporting goods in RI. If you are in Ohio or PA Vance outdoors, The Fin or sportsmans supply co will be good dealers to check with.

No updates on shipping have been provided to me yet so I cant give you any info on when you will be able to buy one.

I have a few thousand rounds on them and really like the pistol.
    Could your thumb nicely ride the thumb safety like a 1911?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Could your thumb nicely ride the thumb safety like a 1911?
    Yes functionally I didn't find it much different than shooting a 2011 with PT evo grip as far as hand placement and safety location.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

User Tag List