Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HiTS High Accountability Pistol Workshop; 03/14/2021; Dallas

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    The only thing I will mention is that after doing a number of student dinners at Hard8 on Sat night over the years, it is hard to get everyone seated together. Their is set distance between mounted seats. I think the biggest tables only seat 8-10 (?). I love Hard8, but conversation with a large group and the fellowship of it is a tad difficult. At my last course there in January, we ended up going instead to a solid Mexican restaurant, and they were cool about letting us move tables together so we could sit at the same one, and they did not chase us out. They were actually closing and cleaning up and they left us to keep talking. We got up and left as soon as we realized they were closed, but they did not say anything, which is nice when you are wanting to hang out as a group.
    Excellent point! I've got to eat both nights; one of them will be at Hard 8 even if it means going solo. Getting me to eat good Mexican food requires no arm-twisting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Jackdog

If a decision hasn't been made as to which day we'll do this, I recommend we do it on Saturday night. That would give those of us who aren't doing both days of training a chance to hobnob with everybody.

Be advised that I'm a non-Dallas guy, and am aware that a Saturday night might be the absolute worst evening to try to shoehorn in an extra 15-20 people. Feel free to shoot this idea down.
    We will do a class dinner on Saturday. We will take a poll to see what restaurant the class wants to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I defer to you locals on the best op plan, and grant Serious my proxy vote. Looking forward primarily to the fellowship, I trust all will be GTG.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    I second @ST911 ‘s sentiment. I’ll be in Dallas both nights, will need to eat, and will relish the fellowship.
    @SeriousStudent et al - make your best call, and let us out-of-towners know what the plan is.
    I’ll be there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I defer to you locals on the best op plan, and grant Serious my proxy vote. Looking forward primarily to the fellowship, I trust all will be GTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I second @ST911 ‘s sentiment. I’ll be in Dallas both nights, will need to eat, and will relish the fellowship.
    @SeriousStudent et al - make your best call, and let us out-of-towners know what the plan is.
    I’ll be there.
    Sounds like a good plan to me!

@Wayne Dobbs

In the context of the class, are shooters best served shooting from duty/edc, range gear, or does it matter?
    What’s y’all’s recommendation?
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    @Wayne Dobbs

In the context of the class, are shooters best served shooting from duty/edc, range gear, or does it matter?
    I’m bringing a duty and an IWB concealment holster, FWIW.
    So I’ll defeating retention or drawing from strong-side IWB, so not competition-fast either way.
    But very real-wold for my daily life.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    @Wayne Dobbs

EDC/Duty
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’ll be there.
    I talked with Guy last night. In the spirit of inter-tribal cooperation, how about a joint dinner on Saturday night?

We can have all the cool kids from the Confined Spaces class on Saturday, meet up with the cool kids from the HiTS Sunday class.

Location to be decided, sometime between 6:30 PM and 7 PM CST. We'll be cleaning up the range Saturday afternoon and doing a hot wash before we leave. That way the range is sparkling and ready to go Sunday morning for the HiTS class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    The only thing I will mention is that after doing a number of student dinners at Hard8 on Sat night over the years, it is hard to get everyone seated together. Their is set distance between mounted seats. I think the biggest tables only seat 8-10 (?). I love Hard8, but conversation with a large group and the fellowship of it is a tad difficult. At my last course there in January, we ended up going instead to a solid Mexican restaurant, and they were cool about letting us move tables together so we could sit at the same one, and they did not chase us out. They were actually closing and cleaning up and they left us to keep talking. We got up and left as soon as we realized they were closed, but they did not say anything, which is nice when you are wanting to hang out as a group.
    The Professor has a great point (as always). It never hurts my feelings to eat Mexican food, and it may actually be easier to set up a reservation for a party of 20. I'll do some digging into the local spots.

Babe's Fried Chicken Shack would also be awesome, but a tough place to get 20 people into at 7 pm on Saturday.

I'll do some surfing and calling.

User Tag List