Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learjet is no more

Learjet is no more

https://montrealgazette.com/business...-cut-1600-jobs

Bombardier is cutting about 1,600 jobs and ending production of the Learjet private plane as part of a drive to save US$400 million annually by 2023.

Manufacturing of the Learjet will end by Dec. 31, Bombardier said Thursday in a statement. The company also plans to consolidate completion work on its Global family of jets in Montreal and review options for under-utilized hangars and industrial space at its Quebec facilities.
    #RESIST

The demise of Lear and the LEM in the same week, what is next — Colt being bought up by a foreign company?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    And to think, if the Canadian taxpayer had just been willing to throw a few more billion dollars at them, again, there's always the possibility they could have one day turned a profit.

That fucking company is a joke. Yet another Quebec institution that we pour money into from federal coffers, secure in the knowledge that next fiscal, we'll be able to look forward to giving them even more.

#wexit
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    And to think, if the Canadian taxpayer had just been willing to throw a few more billion dollars at them, again, there's always the possibility they could have one day turned a profit.

That fucking company is a joke. Yet another Quebec institution that we pour money into from federal coffers, secure in the knowledge that next fiscal, we'll be able to look forward to giving them even more.

#wexit
    Sometimes I feel like the rest of Canada is tired of Quebec.
    #RESIST

I didn't know they had been around since 63. As a teen of the 80's they were a big deal. It seemed like everyone who got rich got or wanted a Learjet.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Shoot. I was just about to pick one up, too.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If they left, it could be good for our railroads. They could run sealed freight trains from Buffalo to Houlton, ME, which doulc be intra-Canada shipments for customs purposes. Canadians could drive from Buffalo on I-90, pick up I-95 and zip up to Houlton. And the rest of Canada could happily ditch doing everything in French.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    If they left, it could be good for our railroads. They could run sealed freight trains from Buffalo to Houlton, ME, which doulc be intra-Canada shipments for customs purposes. Canadians could drive from Buffalo on I-90, pick up I-95 and zip up to Houlton. And the rest of Canada could happily ditch doing everything in French.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I lived there for half a decade. I never had anything against the place before I moved there, or I wouldn't have gone.

When I left I was so pissed off, I literally wouldn't use tackle boxes or gun cases from Flambeau because they reminded me of Quebec.

One of my best friends is a reformed quebecker, per his description. Moved west after he got out of the regs, as we say here. Stayed in the army reserve but wouldn't go back to Quebec. Hasn't been back in ages. Barely talks to his family; they can't believe he's into guns and freedom and, essentially, everything decent in life. Totally alien to them.

Strange place. If we could build a wall around it, I would. About the nicest thing you'll get me to say is that I wouldn't specifically want the wall to be watertight.

During the 1995 referendum on whether they were going to stay or leave, it was often said that if they wanted to get a Yes vote on leaving, they should have let the rest of the country vote too.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I lived there for half a decade. I never had anything against the place before I moved there, or I wouldn't have gone.

When I left I was so pissed off, I literally wouldn't use tackle boxes or gun cases from Flambeau because they reminded me of Quebec.
    I don't know what the fuck you're saying, but you're saying it in a hostile tone!

(93.2% of what I know about Canada came from Letterkenny)
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List