Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your layering system?

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    It looks like everything Arc'teryx Leaf is sold out.

If using as a mid layer, the standard will be more than fine. Check their website for sales on discontinued colors.

If it's really fucking cold out (-20F and below) it is really tough to beat the most unstylish insulated layer on earth.. U.S. military ECWCS Level 7 bottoms and top. I've never paid more than $100 for either and they flat out work in my world. I just wear the top as a coat over my other layers. The bottoms I wear under a set of Klim snowmobile bibs.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    If it's really fucking cold out (-20F and below) it is really tough to beat the most unstylish insulated layer on earth.. U.S. military ECWCS Level 7 bottoms and top. I've never paid more than $100 for either and they flat out work in my world. I just wear the top as a coat over my other layers. The bottoms I wear under a set of Klim snowmobile bibs.
    The marshmallow suit? I have one. Never wear it.

The Gen III black fleece bibs and jacket with the gortex jacket and pants is the warmest set up I’ve ever used. Subzero and breezy was still bearable with that set up. Had to be careful though. It was easy to start sweating when active.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    The marshmallow suit? I have one. Never wear it.

The Gen III black fleece bibs and jacket with the gortex jacket and pants is the warmest set up I’ve ever used. Subzero and breezy was still bearable with that set up. Had to be careful though. It was easy to start sweating when active.
    Only where it when I'm inactive or on a snowmobile. Woke up this morning winter camping at -26F, glad I had it with me. Fleece just didn't cut it when out in that level of cold.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I had an ECWCS jacket (maybe level 5 or 6) that got taken when my storage unit was burglarized. Still miss that thing.

I tried on an Atom LT again today. I definitely want one now. The one I tried was the hooded version and I really don’t want a hood. Medium was just a touch small over a mid weight base layer. I think I’ll hold out until the Leaf version is available again. It will get a lot of wear as an outer.

Also tried on an Atom vest. I liked it but I don’t know if I would wear it as much. Around the office it’s a 1/4 zip when it’s cooler.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List