Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No more LEM?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I dunno if that's the question answer to which truly conveys my personal attitude to lem. I don't use lem not because lem. I don't use it because there's no Shield\G43x\G48 sized lem or true G19 sized optic ready lem. If there were, I'd take them over everything else out there for EDC.
    Hmmm... a red-dot equipped LEM USPc.....
    now THAT would be a true P-F Snowflake / Hipster gun.

Carried AIWB in an orange JMCK holster, of course.

Jeez. Should rename this place HKLEMTRIGGER.NET

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Shot timers and holes in paper don't lie. I was better with the Glock than I was with the LEM. .
    That truth has ended more of my various platform dalliances than anything, although I enjoyed each journey a bit including LEM. HK LEM pistols have never let me down on accuracy or reliability, only my ability to perform my best. Mrs. Fatdog is not an enthusiast but she settled on USP/c LEM, so a couple of those are destined to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Many obvious benefits to the LEM....

Many memories of have/had LEM...

How many (as a %) cary one on a daily basis?
    As an outlier, I've carried an LEM for roughly my previous 45k rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't use it because there's no Shield\G43x\G48 sized lem or true G19 sized optic ready lem. If there were, I'd take them over everything else out there for EDC.
    While not personally sold on the RDS, I have considered getting one of my P2000 LEMs milled for a 507Kx2.
    Taking a break from social media.

The problem HK has is - their DA trigger pulls SUCK, particularly compared to other TDA guns.

You kind of end up in this situation where the Match LEM is the best hammer fired trigger that HK offers. It's really the only trigger system from them, besides the SFA that makes any damn sense overall.

Eh it is what it is. I'll probably stay HK-less until they get around to dropping a thumb safety VP9.

I’m still LEM-curious. Or bi-action. Pan-action?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m still LEM-curious. Or bi-action. Pan-action?
    I'm definitely Pan-Action.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Having owned 2 different P30SK's in recent years, I admit it was a serious learning curve from my previous experiences with Sig and Glock. However, I grew to favor the LEM because the utility of it in a CCW environment where the visible hammer movement, combined with the long trigger pull, seemed to be ideal - at least for me. As for the paddles, I prefer them - bring on the grief.
    This, with the exception of the time on the Sigs and Glocks (I was a revolver shooter) is exactly how I feel. The only semiautomatic handguns that I own are LEMs. This news is disappointing, but I guess it's understandable. It's not a trigger that someone can just pick up and shoot. It demands discipline and practice.

I think the LEM is an absolutely brilliant idea. HK's engineer, Helmut Weldle knocked it out of the ballpark when he came up with the LEM trigger design. But that being said, I'm sure HK currently sells a lot more striker-fired VP9, SFP9 & VP9SK pistols than any of their hammer-fired pistols. A production company can't argue with numbers of units sold. Striker fired pistols are presently popular with shooters and tend to be easier to shoot well for most people with less effort or practice than traditional DA/SA or LEM.

I still carry an LEM P2000SK but I really like the way my new VP9 OR shoots. I'm just a little reluctant to carry the VP9 AIWB even with a good holster.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

I've been carry a P2000 LEM with Lazy Wolf Guns improvements for several years; options were limited prior to my move to Idaho two years ago and the combination of thumb on hammer when reholstering and the relatively long takeup were and remain appealing. I don't practice enough with that gun, most of my practice favoring a 9mm 1911 that I use in Steel Challenge. Nonetheless, I have enough time behind the gun to have confidence at typical HD/SD distances.

But faced with a pistol class coming up in a month I'm torn between the P2000 and the 1911 primarily because even at my advanced age I'm competitive and I know the class will favor full-size service pistols and RDS. I'm more accurate with the 1911 and faster. This is a message; which gun would I prefer in a self defense situation. I'm going to soul search, but I'm leaning toward using one of our 9mm Kimber Pro-Carry's in the class: lighter than a full-size, great balance: too hard to conceal from the California Karens but no problem OWB in gun-friendly Idaho.

User Tag List