Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: No more LEM?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    He was nice enough to let me shoot a few rounds through it at the end of the match.
    Initial impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Initial impressions?
    My overriding impression was that stock trigger is heavy! Beyond that it seemed to cycle well, but mostly I was thinking about the trigger as I shot it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Concur-and that's why I prefer the V1.5 with a medium TRS-it provides the trigger pull resistance I desired withoug going overboard in the process.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My overriding impression was that stock trigger is heavy! Beyond that it seemed to cycle well, but mostly I was thinking about the trigger as I shot it.
    What would you guess the trigger weight to be? Are they running + connectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Lots of discussion about shooting with a timer here. I would be interested in knowing how many people who carry concealed have shot with a timer or train regularly with a timer. I never have and my neighbor who carries hasn't. We did however practice with our carry about twice a month before ammo became too expensive to burn 200 rds in a range session. At todays prices that's about $150 for 9mm which is the de facto training cartridge. I know that isn't a consideration for people in LE but what percentage of the people who carry is that?

If LEM truly does slow people down, which I'm sure it does, how important is a second in the general scheme of SD shooting. I haven't noticed any huge accuracy disadvantage with my P-30 V1. I have a P-239 to compare. I also had a P-229 for awhile.

I reload but primers and bullets are in short supply.
    From the cheap seats, LEM was not slower for my first shot, or really any shots for accuracy (there is a better way to say this.. all my shots are for accuracy, but I had a hard time hammering with LEM) . It was slower on hoser stages where I needed to basically shoot doubles or triples.

So big picture it wasn't compatible with my skill level at gun games.

That said, I am down to 1 LEM pistol, HK45CT. As a stock LEM trigger I really like it. Not slick like a Hybrid Match I used to shoot on a USP9, but still a good trigger.

If you have a smart phone, download a free shot timer, put the Par time on for 2.5 seconds, and draw from concealment. See if you can beat the buzzer to your dry fire, aimed shot. It costs you nothing. And then try for 2 seconds etc.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 02-15-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    From the cheap seats, LEM was not slower for my first shot, or really any shots for accuracy (there is a better way to say this.. all my shots are for accuracy, but I had a hard time hammering with LEM) . It was slower on hoser stages where I needed to basically shoot doubles or triples.

So big picture it wasn't compatible with my skill level at gun games.

That said, I am down to 1 LEM pistol, HK45CT. As a stock LEM trigger I really like it. Not slick like a Hybrid Match I used to shoot on a USP9, but still a good trigger.

If you have a smart phone, download a free shot timer, put the Par time on for 2.5 seconds, and draw from concealment. See if you can beat the buzzer to your dry fire, aimed shot. It costs you nothing. And then try for 2 seconds etc.
    I might sign up for USPSA at my range this year if we don't move. That's the only way I can shoot with a timer at my range. The static pistol range rules forbid it.

But thanks for the idea.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The problem HK has is - their DA trigger pulls SUCK, particularly compared to other TDA guns.

You kind of end up in this situation where the Match LEM is the best hammer fired trigger that HK offers. It's really the only trigger system from them, besides the SFA that makes any damn sense overall.

Eh it is what it is. I'll probably stay HK-less until they get around to dropping a thumb safety VP9.
    Why not just carry cocked-and-locked? The SA isn't that terrible, IMO, though it's pretty much all I'm used to (and it is a GGI/LWG-worked trigger).

As for safety position, I think that's just an issue of what you're used to. Lot of folks I know have argued that the H&K safety sits too high. I find 1911 safeties sit too low. So meh.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 02-15-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Keep the LEM hate coming please. I still have at least a couple dozen LEM's I want to acquire, so I'm feverishly waiting around the classifieds... ;-)
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Keep the LEM hate coming please. I still have at least a couple dozen LEM's I want to acquire, so I'm feverishly waiting around the classifieds... ;-)
    I wish they had developed LEM about 30 years earlier. I could have missed the entire DA/SA period.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Why not just carry cocked-and-locked? The SA isn't that terrible, IMO, though it's pretty much all I'm used to (and it is a GGI/LWG-worked trigger).

As for safety position, I think that's just an issue of what you're used to. Lot of folks I know have argued that the H&K safety sits too high. I find 1911 safeties sit too low. So meh.
    I'm a 1911 guy, so it sits too high to me.

That said, yea if I can't find an LEM HK45CT later this year when I'm in the market a TDA carried Condition 1 will be my second choice.

User Tag List