Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No more LEM?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    You'd probably notice a difference (like everyone else here) if you applied rigor and trained with your weapon instead of plinking with it.

I'm unsurprised that you don't find a difference in performance given that you have no way of measuring performance, and apparently no baseline.
    compared to 200-400 per month that I've done the last few years
    Send me $250 every month for ammo so I can train as much as you do. I can do Pay Pal. PM me for details.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Send me $250 every month for ammo so I can train as much as you do. I can do Pay Pal. PM me for details.
    Red herring.

You don't need to shoot a lot in order to make what shooting occurs a more useful exercise, fudd.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

"You only fear the shot timer if you fear the cold, harsh reality of the results.- Abraham Lincoln (probably)

Red herring.

You don't need to shoot a lot in order to make what shooting occurs a more useful exercise, fudd.
    That's hurtful right there.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"When debating guns on the internet, I always take advice from people who don't post in DoTW, have a training journal, or show videos of them shooting" - George Washington
    Taking a break from social media.

None of us are thrilled about the ammunition shortage-and it's starting to have organizational effects also is what I'm picking up. Ammunition is available-but at increasingly skyrocketing prices. And for .38 Special/.357 magnum, it's like after an apcolypse...

Guys, let's try to keep things moderatly civil-or at least within the realms of acceptable p-f sarcasm.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 02-14-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How shootable is the standard DA/SA HK trigger in your opinion? In the USP series and he 45c.

For example, while Cajun gun works surely make the P-07 better, I find the trigger good enough as is for a DA/SA. It's been so long since I have tried an HK DA/SA that I can't remember how "bad" they really are or compare them to something like the P-07.
    My USPc had a very heavy DA pull. It was ok, but I wouldn’t choose it to take a high risk shot. 8# is the maximum I have on my TDA guns.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    You'd probably notice a difference (like everyone else here) if you applied rigor and trained with your weapon instead of plinking with it.

I'm unsurprised that you don't find a difference in performance given that you have no way of measuring performance, and apparently no baseline.
    To save you some typing, we had a whole thread on “The Value of Timers” a few months ago.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....to-new-thread)

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Timers and targets are just a way for us to try to put numbers to make a guess of what our performance will be under stress.

If you ever want to get close, you need to force on force.

That’s not usually a common local event.

A way to induce the effects of stress:

Bring a barbell or dumbbells to the range (you probably need a private range for this).

Do a full body barbell/dumbbell/even bodyweight routine but instead of playing on your phone during the rest, sprint 50 yards and shoot your normal drills. Walk back to the weights for the next set.
    All of this is good advice. I recently was running sprints on my range while doing some rifle work and woof! No joke what that does to the body.

At a USPSA match today, there was a CBP person in my squad shooting his newish Glock 47. I asked him about the P2000 and he said he was thrilled for it to be gone, because while he thought the gun was high quality, the trigger was terrible. He mentioned the heavy stock LEM trigger, and when he hit the wall, he could feel the trigger flexing as he pressed it.

So far, he really likes the 47, and said they were issued it and 500 rounds of Lawman 147 JHP. Also mentioned there are now twice annual inspections to make sure no one messed with (lightened) their trigger. He was nice enough to let me shoot a few rounds through it at the end of the match.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List