Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: No more LEM?

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Ditto. I don't use them much any more, but fully appreciate the "thoughtfulness" of the LEM trigger. Plus, of all the rounds I shot through them, I don't recall anything breaking. And I'm a fan of that mag release.
    I vastly prefer the paddle release to a button.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I suspect commercial LEM sales were simply an off shoot of LE / GOV sales. The LE/GOV market is firmly in the striker fired camp with limited demand for LEM guns. HK's biggest North American LEM buyer (likely their biggest LEM buyer period) has now transitioned to Gen 5 Glocks.
    HK's motivation strictly seems to be cost. I sent a complaint email to them and they answered that if demand dictates it, they will start making LEM and other variants again.

But the demand for LEM on the German civilian market is essentially non-existent, definitely even a fraction of the US market.

Since 'normal' civilians are not allowed to carry weapons for self defense, nobody is able to appreciate the safety benefits of LEM.

We know that you can't win any speed rewards with it, so sport shooters will not choose it either. Therefore they probably only sold a few of them to enthusiasts, the rest was strictly .gov sales.

HK did however assure me that spare parts for all P30 variants will be kept on hand, as well as all parts necessary to convert USP's to LEM.
    Last edited by javemtr; 02-13-2021 at 12:54 AM.

I became fascinated with LEM around the time the P2k and SK became available - it took a few decades before I finally picked up a used SK, and I’m rather fond of it for all the usual reasons. But, I’m too firmly in the Glock camp for it to be anything more than a curiosity. Still sorry to see it go.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I suspect commercial LEM sales were simply an off shoot of LE / GOV sales. The LE/GOV market is firmly in the striker fired camp with limited demand for LEM guns. HK's biggest North American LEM buyer (likely their biggest LEM buyer period) has now transitioned to Gen 5 Glocks.
    Yep - rumor is I’ll be turning in my LEM USPc40 for a Glock 19 Gen 5 sometime this summer.
    To be honest, I wish it were an LEM USPc9 - I think it’s the best tool for my use case. But nobody asked me.

I personally took pride in attaining and maintaining proficiency with the LEM trigger. And it will always have a special place in my heart.
    And I don’t see myself parting with the personally-owned copies that I have.

Double

Outside of pistol forum and hkpro LEM barely exists. I am actually surprised that it took that long for HK to come to this decision. Frankly, I'd say, good riddance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Yep - rumor is I’ll be turning in my LEM USPc40 for a Glock 19 Gen 5 sometime this summer.
    To be honest, I wish it were an LEM USPc9 - I think it’s the best tool for my use case. But nobody asked me.

I personally took pride in attaining and maintaining proficiency with the LEM trigger. And it will always have a special place in my heart.
    And I don’t see myself parting with the personally-owned copies that I have.
    Your full time counterparts are getting G19.5's now so it makes sense.

I carried a LEM USPc40 exclusively for 8 years. I have one for nostalgia but I don't miss the LEM trigger or 155 grain .40. If It was a 9mm I could live with it as it's truly G19 size / weight and I have ton of holsters etc.
    Last edited by HCM; 02-13-2021 at 01:58 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Outside of pistol forum and hkpro LEM barely exists. I am actually surprised that it took that long for HK to come to this decision. Frankly, I'd say, good riddance.
    You mean other than 20 years as the standard duty pistol for the largest LE Agency in North America ?

It was designed for institutional users and was successful in it's intended role.

You mean other than 20 years as the standard duty pistol for the largest LE Agency in North America ?

It was designed for institutional users and was successful in it's intended role.
    Yeah, 20 years ago it was something... A lot have changed since...

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Yeah, 20 years ago it was something... A lot have changed since...
    In your view, what revolutionary developments in the use and safety of carry triggers has happened in the last 20 years that makes LEM obsolete today?

User Tag List