Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No more LEM?

No more LEM?

Forum member @javemtr posted on HK fanboys site that HK Germany is stopping production of LEM pistols for German civilian market. I am not sure what it means for the US market.
    I am down from 5 LEM guns to one and even that one is around for sentimental reasons only. That said, I still think that this is the best CCW trigger system there is. HK traditionally has been out of any tune with needs of US civilian CCW market so I don't use their stuff anymore but that's HK, take them or leave them. If we indeed lose LEM guns, slow and anticipation-inducing as they are, it will be a loss for gun community.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

If true, as a card carrying LEM fan boi this makes me sad.
    Taking a break from social media.

I imagine the VP9 is the more profitable line for HK.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Im a 1911 guy through and through but the LEM, conceptually and in practice, is my favorite trigger. There was always a plan for one more P30L lem in the future. But I gather not if this is true.

This definitely sucks. My V4.1s were incredibly frustrating at first but one of my happiest moments as a shooter was getting my split times to somewhat respectable levels lol. I feel like the HK LEM is basically the official pistol of Pistol-Forum, even though most of us have moved on to other things.

If they do drop the LEM series, I wish they'd add a VP9 single stack

I dove into LEMs a bit after reading Darryl's post regarding "people management" triggers. Developed quite an appreciation for them until my performance interests changed and I went to Glock. Great triggers, just different and I am slow with them. Hopefully, they will still be around in the US. Having also gone from 5 LEM guns down to the P30sk that my wife carries, I find myself wanting to have a P30 V1 in the safe...

Great development, with any luck paddles will be the next to go. Only kidding!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I feel like the HK LEM is basically the official pistol of Pistol-Forum, even though most of us have moved on to other things.
    If HK can’t even keep the PF gun hipster crowd with the LEM, one can see the reason they quit making them.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I dove into LEMs a bit after reading Darryl's post regarding "people management" triggers. Developed quite an appreciation for them until my performance interests changed and I went to Glock. Great triggers, just different and I am slow with them. Hopefully, they will still be around in the US. ...
    Ditto. I don't use them much any more, but fully appreciate the "thoughtfulness" of the LEM trigger. Plus, of all the rounds I shot through them, I don't recall anything breaking. And I'm a fan of that mag release.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Forum member @javemtr posted on HK fanboys site that HK Germany is stopping production of LEM pistols for German civilian market. I am not sure what it means for the US market.
    I am down from 5 LEM guns to one and even that one is around for sentimental reasons only. That said, I still think that this is the best CCW trigger system there is. HK traditionally has been out of any tune with needs of US civilian CCW market so I don't use their stuff anymore but that's HK, take them or leave them. If we indeed lose LEM guns, slow and anticipation-inducing as they are, it will be a loss for gun community.
    I suspect commercial LEM sales were simply an off shoot of LE / GOV sales. The LE/GOV market is firmly in the striker fired camp with limited demand for LEM guns. HK's biggest North American LEM buyer (likely their biggest LEM buyer period) has now transitioned to Gen 5 Glocks.

User Tag List