Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PMAGs are in stock and still at normal price

Big Tex has a bunch as well. I'm already pretty well stocked for AR mags, but I made a point to buy some AK PMags to replace the hodgepodge of combloc steel and bakelite mags I'd been using off-and-on for years.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I kinda wonder... where are people in their mag counts, roughly. I mean, are you all Clint @ Thunder Ranch 1000 mags, or closer to someone I know who has 3 MTM .50 cans filled with loaded mags, one for each of the 3 primary "family" rifles, 7-mag pistol pouches with loaded mags for each of the primary (re: carry capable) hand guns.

Basically, what are people's thought processes for deciding what they personally think is "enough" for their needs.

* don't get it wrong; I love Clint, I think that video is on point, and I have no beef with someone with 10/100/100/10,000 loaded mags.
    I loaded up basically all of my defensive/soft point 223/5.56 into magazines at some point during the pandemic (maybe before I moved to my new place). Didn't have a huge stock so its maybe a dozen or so, mix of 20s and 30s.

I do have a lot of unloaded mags tucked away. I think 140 ish at last count, mostly 30s, a few dozen 20s and a small mix of 10s/15s. I may yet need more, though resupplying is a bit more, uh, legally challenging in my state.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I do have a lot of unloaded mags tucked away. I think 140 ish at last count, mostly 30s, a few dozen 20s and a small mix of 10s/15s. I may yet need more, though resupplying is a bit more, uh, legally challenging in my state.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I know, it's a pretty light stash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I kinda wonder... where are people in their mag counts, roughly. I mean, are you all Clint @ Thunder Ranch 1000 mags, or closer to someone I know who has 3 MTM .50 cans filled with loaded mags, one for each of the 3 primary "family" rifles, 7-mag pistol pouches with loaded mags for each of the primary (re: carry capable) hand guns.

Basically, what are people's thought processes for deciding what they personally think is "enough" for their needs.

* don't get it wrong; I love Clint, I think that video is on point, and I have no beef with someone with 10/100/100/10,000 loaded mags.
    My thought processes are that mags are consumable /expendable items so while you may only use say, 6 -12 at any one time, you want at least 10x that or more depending on how old you are for a lifetime supply.

Probably in the minority, but I don't have a prepper's dream stash.

For my Glocks & ARs, per individual gun;
    5x vetted "go to war" mags, minimal use.
    10x high use training mags.
    20x new in wrapper.

1 don't actually know how many AR mags I own.... There are multiple milk crates and wooden grenade crates full of them stacked up in my gun room.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    I don't know how many mags I own either. I need to buy a few more. I'm to the point of trying to get a couple or three standard cap mags for pistols I might own someday (P07, G21, 92 compact, CZ75 compact, etc), but I still feel a strong compulsion to buy more Glock and AR mags. I go years at a time without shooting an AR, so I know I'm not being rational about the AR mags.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

TargetSportsUSA semi-regularly gets shipments of PMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M3 Windows in MCT for 12.99 USD each, which is better than any other place I've seen (particularly with the free shipping from my Prime account).

Also good if you have Prime and have free shipping is their .50 cal ammo cans, factory new for <15 USD (.30 cal is <14 USD).

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I’ve got about 30 AR mags in action and 40 in the wrapper. A little less for Glock 19/17 mags. Not sure if that’s enough to last the rest of my life (at the rate I shoot AR’s it probably is) but I’m good for quite a while.

I expected a shortage last year which never came, and I’m still preaching to get while the gettin’s good. Don’t be like the people who didn’t load up on ammo last spring. It’s all about Covid and the economy now, but once the Eye of Sauron turns back to guns it’ll be a mad scramble.

User Tag List