Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel good images and videos only!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    A younger, darker haired, mustachioed yours truly playing with one of two cubs which we were fortunate enough to spend a couple of hours with at the Miami Zoo. (Buddy worked there and brought us in while the zoo was closed...with permission.)

Attachment 67505
    Looks like you're coaching him on the heavy bag! "C'mon Champ, ya gotta move ya feet!
    Cool Pic!
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by M1Garand View Post
    Your day could be worse. Towed jumper, took about 20 min to pull him back in. Heard he walked off the plane when it landed. Must have deployed because a year later the news ran a story about him making his first jump after being towed.
    Attachment 67469

Attachment 67470
    Can't tell from the photos if it was a rough terrain jumper or not. We often got calls from the DZ with words to the effect, "You're dropping them in the open- put them in the trees!" The ROKs were tough little dudes, which can be problematic (the little part) since small and light jumpers sometimes have trouble with static line not opening the chute.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The guy that shot this video has a serious problem with priorities. The camera and tripod were right in front of him. If he would have needed the shotgun laying on the ground, he would have had to ask the bear to hand it to him.

I wonder if that encounter caused the guy to re-think his approach for future photographic excursions in the middle of bear country?

Jesus, if that would have happened to me, I wouldn't be able to put that shotgun down for the next two weeks.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/12/bodyca...t-after-chase/

"A police officer in Hodgenville, Kentucky, hugged a distressed driver after a police pursuit on Feb. 10, 2021."

Name:  police-pursuit-hug-1web.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  51.6 KB
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Can't tell from the photos if it was a rough terrain jumper or not. We often got calls from the DZ with words to the effect, "You're dropping them in the open- put them in the trees!" The ROKs were tough little dudes, which can be problematic (the little part) since small and light jumpers sometimes have trouble with static line not opening the chute.
    It was not a rough terrain jump. It was a US jumper on a joint op, 6 x C130's and 4 x C17's. Never did hear what caused it, most likely equipment lowering line.

This one always makes me feel good.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

This one always makes me feel good.

Okie John
    Tikkas can shoot.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tikkas can shoot.
    Evidently so can okie john.

User Tag List