Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Me K-frame

Site Supporter
    Up date on the RB 4" M10-10.

I did not find a longer strain screw and I confess I didn't go to the HW store for a grub screw. Instead I pulled out the little drawer into which I've dumped half a dozen or more S&W main springs over the years. I found the factory spring I had replaced with the Wolff which was giving me occasional miss-fires. I found a non-ribbed main spring that curved a bit more than the factory version and tried it in the K-frame. Fit fine although I have no idea what it came out of.

Anyway it wasn't until the middle of this week I got to shoot the gun again. The same hand load that caused problems before (10.5g 2400/158g Berry's plated FP) went off every time, for me and the other two guys I was with who wanted to shoot it. Miss-fire problem is solved and all is right in the revolver world...except now I need a way to carry this in the truck. Life is just one thing after another. Ain't I lucky. (smile)

Dave

Site Supporter
    ...now I need a way to carry this in the truck.
    This one's easy. Get a good holster for it. Put the holster on. Put the revolver in the holster. Get in the truck. Problem solved.

Site Supporter
    LOL - Chuck, if I was physically up to carrying an all steel gun every day I wouldn't need a "truck gun". My "carry gun" is a Scandium framed revolver in my Maxpedition GTG bag. I wanted this M10 to be a gun that's available anytime I'm away from home, and something for my wife to grab in an emergency.

Dave

User Tag List