Thread: End of an Era: Larry Flynt Dies

End of an Era: Larry Flynt Dies

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/10/media...ary/index.html

Larry Flynt, the "Hustler" magazine founder and outspoken First Amendment activist who built an adult entertainment empire, died Wednesday at his Hollywood Hills home, his nephew, Jimmy Flynt Jr., tells CNN. He was 78.
    We all know smut when we see it and Larry Flynt peddled a lot of it. Nothing was greater than finding a Hustler magazine as a 13-year old boy...

On a more serious note, Flynt really was a champion for First Amendment Rights and deserves recognition in this regard. Much the same in how Hugh Heffner and Playboy helped move Women's Liberation forward, Flynt pushed the boundaries of traditional media. His efforts and accomplishments are certainly worth noting, now that he has passed.

To me the question is - In a modern world of 'cancel culture' who will be the next Larry Flynt?

The ultimate contradiction: a product I don't support, but the right of a person that I do.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I only browsed the articles.

(Sidesteps lightning.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I only browsed the articles.

(Sidesteps lightning.)
    The letters to the editor/magazine were certainly interesting, and absolutely realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    The letters to the editor/magazine were certainly interesting, and absolutely realistic.
    Monopedomania lives.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The ultimate contradiction: a product I don't support, but the right of a person that I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Flynt
    You have to be able to tolerate what you don't necessarily like so you can be free.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Much to be said about Larry, but free speech would not be what it is in this country without him. He was evidently a decent guy when he was on his meds; off his meds, he would try to have people murdered.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

30-odd years ago, I sold a photograph to the now-defunct Camera & Darkroom magazine. The check was signed by Larry Flynt.

RIP, Larry.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

Name:  1685C7CC-058A-43F0-AB18-E4754D5B06F8.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  57.2 KB

(If you remember the great comedian Robert Schimmel, this is his brother.)

He bought pictures from Jessica Lynch's dirt bag ex-boyfriend and quashed them, back when such things were on paper and negatives instead of digital files.

I heard said boyfriend fell down a flight of stairs, but I don't think that was Larry's doing.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List