Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 03RN's wait begins. CMP and M1 pics

03RN's wait begins. CMP and M1 pics

Day 1
    I mailed out my packet for a service grade yesterday.

I have another M1 that is currently fixed after cracking it's receiver but is unable to come home for some reasons I dont want to get into here.

I love hunting with M1s. I love shooting them. I love slapping the bolt home on a full clip.

Name:  KIMG0005.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  52.3 KB
    RIP Springfield.
    Name:  20200219_130702.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  38.9 KB
    Obviously M1s are not the most practical choice for anything but they can certainly get shit done
    Name:  20200219_173554.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  82.9 KB
    Some 150 grain Barnes meant for a .30-30 but I want to see if they function over 48gr varget
    Name:  20210207_142449.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  86.3 KB

Ive got a couple thousand rounds with about 50 clips loaded up already with components for maybe another k. Then Ill have to find some lpp but I guess Ill be ok for a while.

Garand's, 1903's and M1917's are some of my favorite things.... I've also got a spare receiver and parts kit going off to become a BM-59 in the near future....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Day 1
    I mailed out my packet for a service grade yesterday.

I have another M1 that is currently fixed after cracking it's receiver but is unable to come home for some reasons I dont want to get into here.

I love hunting with M1s. I love shooting them. I love slapping the bolt home on a full clip.

It's not a clip, it's a magazi.. oh, wait!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Waited for it. I love shootin my 9mm LCR and getting corrected by my guys when I say clips. Then the education starts...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Got another 36 clips in the mail today. My goal is to load them all with blacktips to fill a .30 cal ammo can (which fit 35).

Got another 36 clips in the mail today. My goal is to load them all with blacktips to fill a .30 cal ammo can (which fit 35).
    Oh HELL Yeah!

That is a .30 caliber can of FREEDOM!

'MURICA!

If you've ever wondered what's inside a black tip projectile, here you go. My Grandfather cut this one open years ago and I found it when we were cleaning out his garage after he passed a few years ago.
    Name:  IMG_0880.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  44.0 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have yet to shoot one in .30-06 but I have an M1 that's re-barreled for .308 and that thing is so much fun. Since there's not much original left to it I might send it off for a tanker conversion or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I had no idea I needed(wanted) this until I just read it. I don't even have an M1....
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

The M1 Garand may not be the most practical rifle, but it does most everything well, with the exception of handling optics. With the aftermarket, the rifle can be scoped. But the iron sights are really good.

User Tag List