Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 03RN's wait begins. CMP and M1 pics

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Wow.

I didn’t know I needed one until right now.
    Yeah, kinda takes the term "M1 Carbine" to a whole new level, doesn't it?

In case anyone wants a side by side. Looks handy. I’ll bet it’s super blasty in 30-06 with that 16” barrel.

Name:  54737C2D-E6C2-462F-879C-4DC9B735D74A.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  72.0 KB

I had an M1 when I lived in Az. There was a road up the side of a mountain with a stock pond below, it mapped out at 800 yards. It would keep a roughly 5 gallon can size group with ball ammo and the iron sights at that range and spot. There was a chunk of log on the far bank of the pond I used as an aiming point, I set the sights for 700 yards so I could see the hits in the pond. I went down to look at the log chunk, it was about the size of a 5 gallon can, so I had a reference for shot spread. It was great fun.

Shooting it elsehwere, the 5.56 is great fun to plink with out to 800+ yards, but the hits get hard to see beyond that in dry dirt, shooting the M1 I could see the hits in the dry dirt to about 1200 yards.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    An M1 Rifle is on my wish list. I also have an irrational desire for a Schuff's Mini G.

http://shuffsparkerizing.com/services/the-mini-g/
    FWIW - if you are contemplating ordering the answer to the question that determines you aren't a robot is 'parkerizing' NOT 'refinishing' 'Garands' or 'Mini-G's.' A friend told me.

ETA: Tim Shuffin replied to my query, they are all sold out of complete Mini-G's at this time.
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 02-19-2021 at 09:35 PM.

I think I should have sent my packet certified.

Just got my email last night.

Unfortunately the card info I sent in got changed. How should I update that info?

I've had so many garands that I can't remember them all.
    1 in 308, a conversion. 1 tanker.
    They are all gone now except for this 1954 IHC, with proper cartouches and all matching numbers according to Scott Duff's books.
    Shoots like a "Lazer beam".

Name:  20181201_135716_HDR.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  31.1 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Ohhh gggrreat.

2150.00 for a .308. I might be buying sooner rather than later, I hope they would always be legal.
    Probably longer than an M1 carbine because of the magazine it uses. Garand has no removable magazine which may save it from the AG crowd for awhile.

Using the WA definition of semi-auto assault rifle the Garand would be included. I'm hoping any new AWB will exempt curio and relics. If not I guess there's a cowboy assault rifle in my future.

"Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Just got charged

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I had an M1 when I lived in Az. There was a road up the side of a mountain with a stock pond below, it mapped out at 800 yards. It would keep a roughly 5 gallon can size group with ball ammo and the iron sights at that range and spot. There was a chunk of log on the far bank of the pond I used as an aiming point, I set the sights for 700 yards so I could see the hits in the pond. I went down to look at the log chunk, it was about the size of a 5 gallon can, so I had a reference for shot spread. It was great fun.

Shooting it elsehwere, the 5.56 is great fun to plink with out to 800+ yards, but the hits get hard to see beyond that in dry dirt, shooting the M1 I could see the hits in the dry dirt to about 1200 yards.
    That's about 1.5 MOA at 800 yds, mighty good shooting for a stock M1 with iron sights and service ball ammo.

User Tag List