Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ECQC video links

Quote Originally Posted by vmi-mo View Post
    If you are having an easy time, then pick a fight with a bigger dude.

PJ
    That's sig line material right there dude!

As for being in shape, I saw all shapes and sizes in the class I attended. All performed and all were pushed. If you are having an easy time, then pick a fight with a bigger dude.

PJ
    They will all be bigger than me
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by dookie1481 View Post
    They will all be bigger than me
    I am a pretty skinny guy. 5'9" 155lbs (on a heavy day). So I can relate to everyone being bigger than you.

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    I'm really looking forward to your course in Cape Town, SA at the end of the year SN. We definitely need the training down here.
    Me too. This is going to be sweet.

As for being in shape, I saw all shapes and sizes in the class I attended. All performed and all were pushed. If you are having an easy time, then pick a fight with a bigger dude.

PJ
    Good Point. What makes this class special, other than the instructor being the bastard child of Jelly Bryce and Pai Mei, is the chance to asses where you stand in a controlled environment. It is very difficult to create realistic pressure without the associated real world consequences (shooting, stabbing, robbery). But this class does just that. It seems to me that the participants have as much to do with that as the instructor.

We had a female in our class. She had zero prior self defense experience and was in no better shape that the average woman on the street. Yet she pushed herself to places she never imagined. If testing yourself is the point of the EVOs, then she was the hardest MF'er in the class.

At 5-9 170lbs, I can't presume that I will be targeted by angry dwarves that I can push around with my enormous size. So, for me, squaring up against two dudes with 40lbs each on me was the definitive experience.

I can't say enough about this class. Reminds you that FIGHT is the operative word in gunfight.

Eric
    Last edited by EPF; 03-24-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Man, this looks like a class I'd like to do. Like some others, I've got back problems and it'd be a very bad idea for me to get into this stuff anymore. Just grocery shopping is murder, and I wasn't doing so hot(understatement) by the end of Todd's last Speed Kills class in Culpeper......to put it into perspective, I had a chance to go to the Foreign Weapons Instructor course this winter, and I voluntarily passed it up. That would have been an awesome experience.....2 weeks of blazing away with RPD's, G3's, AK's, ect ect.

vmi-mo, gotta prepare for those CRF.......

It looks like a really interesting class. I've done Brazilian Jiu-jitsu for many years and I'm an avid shooter but I've never really combined grappling with shooting, and it would be right up my alley.

I've been through ECQC1&2 and ECQC3&4, plus a few other SNarc modules. If you get the chance to attend you will be rewarded richly for your investment of time, money, and pain.

Like Newt said in 'Aliens':

"Mostly the pain of ECQC is emotional. Mostly..."

I just went through SouthNarc's IEK/ECQC the last three days and to echo the sentiments of others this class is an absolute "must-take" for anyone that carries a firearm.

Once I get a chance I'll write up a more formal AAR but for now all that I can say is that (as someone that has already attended multiple shooting schools) going through IEK/ECQC was probably more of an eye-opening experience than when I went from a "bullseye shooter" to actually attending some *real* shooting schools.

Specifically, when I first started practicing drawing from concealment, reloading, shooting multiple shots/targets under time pressure, etc. compared to just statically shooting 5-shot groups on paper I thought to myself "Wow, the scary part is that when I was strictly a bullseye shooter I actually thought I could defend myself with a gun; I had NO IDEA how little I actually knew...". Well, after the IEK/ECQC I pretty much feel the same way about my "pre-IEK/ECQC/SouthNarc" days...
    Last edited by agent-smith; 05-09-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

User Tag List