Thread: Spike's Optimal Barrel Any Opinions?

Spike's Optimal Barrel Any Opinions?

Just wondering if anyone has used a Spike's Optimal Barrel? Just looking for a high quality barrel and have been waiting for Centurion or DD lightweights to come back in stock and found this one from Spike's. Anybody using one? Thanks!

I built 3 uppers with those about 10 years ago and I remember being impressed with them. They weren’t mine, but I did test fire and zero optics on them.

I’m not a Spike’s fan, but it’s more due to their past business practices than their quality. I think I’ve had a few of their AR parts that gave good service, but not any barrels. I think most people feel they are ok, but I’d personally hold out for a DD, Centurion or BCM lightweight (DD is my usual preference, I have several of their LW barrels.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Thank you both for the feedback, the specs being CHF, and thick M249 Saw chrome lining like Centurion, and then got a great sale price, I decided I will try one, but will still be on the look out for Centurion or DD lw barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m not a Spike’s fan, but it’s more due to their past business practices than their quality. I think I’ve had a few of their AR parts that gave good service, but not any barrels. I think most people feel they are ok, but I’d personally hold out for a DD, Centurion or BCM lightweight (DD is my usual preference, I have several of their LW barrels.)

User Tag List