Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

Damn, got my hopes up for a minute

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    This. If they’re not going to make Without Remorse, but just slap the name on a kinda-similar script, then I’m out.
    It’s really hard to understand why they do this. Ostensibly it’s because they hope to cash in on the name recognition, but it’s actually been backfiring horribly.

I was listening to a podcast interview recently where they discussed how Hollywood is so data and analytics driven rather than artistic story telling. It’s easy to see how that happens when so many non-creatives above the directors team are on the line for a Billion dollar budget.

What blows my mind is that their own data supposedly shows that just recycling a name hurts a movie more than it helps nowadays because it pisses off the existing fan base and non-fans of the source material don’t know the difference anyway.

I guess it’s a good example of how bureaucracies get stuck in decision loops

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    It’s really hard to understand why they do this. Ostensibly it’s because they hope to cash in on the name recognition, but it’s actually been backfiring horribly.

I was listening to a podcast interview recently where they discussed how Hollywood is so data and analytics driven rather than artistic story telling. It’s easy to see how that happens when so many non-creatives above the directors team are on the line for a Billion dollar budget.

What blows my mind is that their own data supposedly shows that just recycling a name hurts a movie more than it helps nowadays because it pisses off the existing fan base and non-fans of the source material don’t know the difference anyway.

How many Spiderman reboots are we at right now?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Batman too, and the number is basically "infinity." As long as the money keeps rolling in...-

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    LOL I’ve lost count. But at least they try to make it a story about spider man, crappy as it may be, instead of calling it spider man and writing an entirely different movie.

This thread has inspired me to cycle back through my Tom Clancy audio books. I'm sure I've listened to each at least 2-3 times, but the beauty of COVID for us retired folk is the wealth of spare time at least until yard work resumes.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    It's been said that in Hollywood, a big budget bomb made with all the "right" choices is a safer career move than a small film that does moderate business. More so if that bomb plays 'follow the leader' and copies a successful property.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Hollywood sucks.

Without Remorse is my favorite fiction book. I've often wanted to see it in film, and I think it could be done correctly.

This doesn't feel like that movie. At all.

Interesting. Just yesterday, I was remembering this book, which I read so very long ago, and wondering whether I still have it, somewhere. Today, I see a teaser trailer. Well, I can hope.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List