Thread: Quick Help Needed: Dispersed Camping Near Buena Vista

Quick Help Needed: Dispersed Camping Near Buena Vista

I'm making an impromptu trip out to Colorado. I'm looking for a dispersed camping site in the vicinity of Buena Vista. Needs to be accessible by a vehicle as I'm not planning on hiking in with my gear. The location is flexible. To be honest I'm to even 100% set on BV but I kind of like that area. I know anything in the mountains is iffy this time of year but I need to get away for a few days by myself. I'll be there three nights. I don't care about amenities but if there is a campground nearby I'm okay with that. I haven't looked at fire conditions yet but I really hope I can have a fire going especially in the evenings and early mornings. I'm planning on hiking, cooking, and sleeping. That's about it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

can't help specifically, but are you familiar with campendium?
    https://www.campendium.com/
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    can't help specifically, but are you familiar with campendium?
    https://www.campendium.com/
    I was just browsing that site. I think Forest Road 272 might be the ticket.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

We had a house there for 20 years. Great dispersed camping up Shield’s Gulch. Take 24/285 east out of BV/Johnson Village, and look for signs on the left for FS 315.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List