Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

●○○○○

I give it a 1 pistol red dot rating out of 5. It just wasn't a good movie and definitely not a good adaptation of Clancy's classic novel.

I enjoyed it, although it has only slightly more to do with the Clancy novel as the office of diversity and inclusion at the local university does. It helps to go in with very low expectations, and an interest in GTFOM knife work and general random mayhem. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I enjoyed it, although it has only slightly more to do with the Clancy novel as the office of diversity and inclusion at the local university does. It helps to go in with very low expectations, and an interest in GTFOM knife work and general random mayhem. JMO.
    Other than a name or two, I recognized nothing from the novel. The movie is also a bit too "preachy" for my liking.

Very meh.

It doesn't help that I'm not a Clancy fan. I was in the Navy as a Sonar Technician when Hunt for Red October and the like broke out. There's so much bullshit in those books that I practically went into a seizure every time I read something about Clancy being imbedded with the Navy and how he was so committed to technical accuracy. I also don't think Michael B. Jordan is as great as they want him to be.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I am pleased that watching Without Remorse was included in my Prime membership. However, my "Suspend Disbelief" function needs a serious recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    My daughter's 5th grade class is writing a book where each kid writes a chapter that picks up where the last one left off.

PF should do that. Bidet's, chainsaws, bagged PDWs, broken Delta Point Pros, old Surefire lights with new Malkoff heads, smoked meats of different varieties, it would be awesome.
    Totally in.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Totally in.
    And whiskey, natch.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And whiskey, natch.
    Bidets and broken Delta Points are all that are missing from my regular life.

Currently watching the show and disappointed that it is nothing to do with the book except the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I was in the Navy as a Sonar Technician when Hunt for Red October and the like broke out. There's so much bullshit in those books that I practically went into a seizure every time I read something about Clancy being imbedded with the Navy and how he was so committed to technical accuracy.
    Pavarotti or Paganini?

I just watched it. Blech!

User Tag List