Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

Yes, that Without Remorse. Normally, I’d assume it’s gonna be woke/SJW/etc, but Taylor Sheridan whom wrote Sicario, Wind River, and Yellowstone also wrote this screenplay, so I have high hopes for this.

#RESIST

One of my favorite Clancy novels. I just hope they include the hyperbaric chamber scene.

It appears that the creative team behind this movie is going to recreate basically nothing from the book:

Storyline
    An elite Navy SEAL uncovers an international conspiracy while seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife in Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, the explosive origin story of action hero John Clark - one of the most popular characters in author Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan universe. When a squad of Russian soldiers kills his family in retaliation for his role in a top-secret op, Sr. Chief John Kelly (Michael B. Jordan) pursues the assassins at all costs. Joining forces with a fellow SEAL (Jodie Turner-Smith) and a shadowy CIA agent (Jamie Bell), Kelly's mission unwittingly exposes a covert plot that threatens to engulf the U.S. and Russia in an all-out war. Torn between personal honor and loyalty to his country, Kelly must fight his enemies without remorse if he hopes to avert disaster and reveal the powerful figures behind the conspiracy.
    It does not appear to be a direct attack upon the ideas of the book, in the way the Starship Troopers movie was, but more like a re-skinning of an existing movie plot with popular (?) Clancy characters.

I would argue that the book is unfilmable. I doubt that a faithful recreation would even be able to get a NC-17 rating.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    It appears that the creative team behind this movie is going to recreate basically nothing from the book:

It does not appear to be a direct attack upon the ideas of the book, in the way the Starship Troopers movie was, but more like a re-skinning of an existing movie plot with popular (?) Clancy characters.

I would argue that the book is unfilmable. I doubt that a faithful recreation would even be able to get a NC-17 rating.
    Well, that’s disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Well, that’s disappointing.
    If anyone can do this, it's Taylor Sheridan.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ve read that book more times through than I’ve read any other Tom Clancy books combined, and I’ve read most of the Jack Ryan series at least once as well as one or two of his non-fictions. It is one of my favorites of all time.

The actor may be great, but from that description, it isn’t going to be a movie based on the book. It’s just going to share the title and some character names.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Your Wyoming is showing...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Excited!

Then not so much..........

I've always wanted a *GOOD* movie based on one of my top 3 Clancy novels, but I'm not liking the sound of this one....

Hopefully LL's faith in the screenwriter pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Excited!

Then not so much..........

I've always wanted a *GOOD* movie based on one of my top 3 Clancy novels, but I'm not liking the sound of this one....
    Same. It's an excellent book, and one of my favorites from Clancy, but based on the description so far, I feel like if I watch the movie, my major reaction will be "uh, so, what book was this based on again?"

That's of course independent of whether it turns out to be a good movie, but it always bugs me when they depart that far and don't just make it its own thing. Like why not just make it be a "normal" spy movie with original characters at that point? The Jason Bourne series of films had that problem in a big way too...

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I’ve read that book more times through than I’ve read any other Tom Clancy books combined, and I’ve read most of the Jack Ryan series at least once as well as one or two of his non-fictions. It is one of my favorites of all time.

The actor may be great, but from that description, it isn’t going to be a movie based on the book. It’s just going to share the title and some character names.
    This. If they’re not going to make Without Remorse, but just slap the name on a kinda-similar script, then I’m out.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

User Tag List