Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    So, I recognize the character's name, and the title...but I don't see much of Without Remorse in this trailer...

I’m remorseful that I watched that

Apologies , doubled somehow

It's funny, but the longer we go, the worse Hollywood has become at adapting books to film. Even the same team that made the LOTR films bungled the adaptation of the Hobbit.
    Yet, go back to Jaws or Bladerunner, you get films that are actually better than the books they are based on.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Me too.

A black Clark is fine but Clark needs to have more gravitas and world weariness more like, say, Denzel as Creasy, vs this crap which is like a black John Wick.

Denzel is too old but Mahershala Ali (True detective season 3) could be a good / true to the book Clark.

Or Remi Adeleke... an ..actual... SEAL....
    Last edited by HCM; 03-03-2021 at 11:41 PM.

Yeah- a Vietnam SEAL Clark from the '70s would be an old man today, so I'm okay with those sort of changes for a modern day story, but I'm not feeling the "crazy SF veteran turned loose against the criminal underground" power fanstasy that drove the book.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

If Rainbow Six is the gold standard of Clancy's novels (and it is), why haven't they made a R6 movie yet?

I recall reading an interview Clancy did when Patriot Games came out where he said he'd never again allow his name to be used in a screenplay of his books. This was after they botched both HFRO and 'Games. I think Clear and Present Danger was before his death but not with his consent and did not include his name as a screen writer.

I first read Without Remorse as a teenager. Still one of my favorite books. F”@& Hollywood. If the trailers are any indication, this movie doesn’t have much of anything to do with the book. Profoundly disappointing.

The one I think may have some promise is the film adaptation of Jack Carr’s book.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Even the same team that made the LOTR films bungled the adaptation of the Hobbit.
    I remain confused about how they did that. Somehow they took the shortest book of the four and turned it into three whole movies, whereas each of the longer books was one movie.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Same, and I was only half paying attention while engaged in something else. It seems to confirm what we've been discussing - this movie has little to nothing to do with the book it's supposedly based on.

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    I first read Without Remorse as a teenager. Still one of my favorite books. F”@& Hollywood. If the trailers are any indication, this movie doesn’t have much of anything to do with the book. Profoundly disappointing.

The one I think may have some promise is the film adaptation of Jack Carr’s book.
    Amazon picked up Jack Carr's book for a series.
    #RESIST

User Tag List