Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Physically, she should have looked a lot more like Jeanette Goldstein playing Vasquez in "Aliens".
    Or her equivalent, Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Jordan’s version of Clark didn’t suck cause they changed the color of Clark’s skin from how Clancy wrote him. It sucked cause the writing was incapable of creating the same character depth as the book. Heck it appears to me they didn’t even try to develop Clark beyond a pissed SEAL badass.
    This. Jordan is a great actor -- his work in Fruitvale Station and Black Panther come to mind. Killmonger was literally a comic book SOF character and was written better. This was just trash writing.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

I’m the culprit who questioned why a more athletic woman wasn’t used to fill the role of a female SEAL. Maybe athletic wasn’t descriptive enough as marathon runners are definitely athletic folks. The woman who played Greer was built like a model. Attractive, definitely. Able to portray an individual who could lift a ruck,hump it across a field, fight and carry one of her team mates should the need arise, absolutely not. Color of her skin has nothing to do with it.

Not one of the characters portrayed in the book or movie were who they are cause of their color. Jordan’s version of Clark didn’t suck cause they changed the color of Clark’s skin from how Clancy wrote him. It sucked cause the writing was incapable of creating the same character depth as the book. Heck it appears to me they didn’t even try to develop Clark beyond a pissed SEAL badass. Not a huge deal for an off the shelf action flick. Huge suckage for trying to adapt a book that was the backstory to a character.
    Trying to deflect blame for poor writing by alleging that the critics are sexist/ racist/ homophobic/ Woke Ungoodthink Of the Moment is a pretty typical dodge of the terrible artist.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Oh, now it’s a problem...

Paraphrasing the title of the article
    “25 times white folks played folks of color and nobody gives a s&$)”
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...0dab313ffc/amp
    Equally offensive. Anyway…
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    LL

Did you open the link?

Perhaps my sarcasm (and that of the article title) was lost in translation.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Remember Denise Richards as a (cough) top nuclear scientist in "The World is Not Enough"? It's not that they cast a woman as a top scientist, or other minority in a role- it's that they usually cast the wrong person for that particular role.
    I found this summary in an archived Washington Post page of films playing at that time.

You'll notice that even a newspaper plot summary puts quotes around Denise Richards' occupation in the movie. A very snarky, passive-aggressive, yet accurate, use of quotes.

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH (PG-13, 128 minutes) -- If there'll always be an England, there'll always be a James Bond film. For the right fans, this formula is enjoyable. This film, starring Pierce Brosnan in his third Bond appearance, has something to do with the possible destruction of the Western world's biggest oil pipeline. Bond crosses paths with oil heiress Elektra King (Sophie Marceau) and "nuclear scientist" Christmas Jones (Denise Richards), as well as sinister terrorist Renard (Robert Carlyle) and double agent Valentin (Robbie Coltrane). Of course, Her Majesty's best agent attends the usual round of meetings with Q (Desmond Llewelyn), M (Judi Dench) and Miss Moneypenny (Samantha Bond). Bond movies are always about the sideshow: the girls, gadgetry, villains, international hot spots and, last but not least, saucy dialogue. Area theaters.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I found this summary in an archived Washington Post page of films playing at that time.

You'll notice that even a newspaper plot summary puts quotes around Denise Richards' occupation in the movie. A very snarky, passive-aggressive, yet accurate, use of quotes.
    The other mistake in that movie was putting the ISO Standard Hollywood Attractive Girl (Richards) Who Looks Good But Can't Act up against Sophie Marceau, who is both a better actress and way better looking.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Not one of the characters portrayed in the book or movie were who they are cause of their color.
    Maybe when they do Rainbow Six, Domingo Chavez will be Pakistani or something. :P

The other mistake in that movie was putting the ISO Standard Hollywood Attractive Girl (Richards) Who Looks Good But Can't Act up against Sophie Marceau, who is both a better actress and way better looking.
    I strongly suggest a reviewing, after your optometrist appointment.

In general, I think changing the race of a character is normally benign. But when their race is integral to the story, or it is changed intentionally, just to change it, it's a problem.

Diversity is a strength. Diversity above all else is a detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    LL

Did you open the link?

Perhaps my sarcasm (and that of the article title) was lost in translation.
    Sorry, no. I hate that site.
    #RESIST

Pure shit. Usually, if I hit some kind of resistance, I can go to sleep at night and wake up with a better perspective on the matter. NOPE. Aside from the woke train of failure, some of the scenes were painful to watch just due to the dialogue, timing, and shitty acting. This made me question all Michael B. Jordan's other movies. Now, it seems every role is just himself doing different things. The acting was just the icing on the cake, unfortunately, as I doubt I would've noticed a difference if Nick Cannon had starred.

On the plus side, I can say fuck this dogshit movie without remorse.

User Tag List