Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Pure shit. Usually, if I hit some kind of resistance, I can go to sleep at night and wake up with a better perspective on the matter. NOPE. Aside from the woke train of failure, some of the scenes were painful to watch just due to the dialogue, timing, and shitty acting. This made me question all Michael B. Jordan's other movies. Now, it seems every role is just himself doing different things. The acting was just the icing on the cake, unfortunately, as I doubt I would've noticed a difference if Nick Cannon had starred.

On the plus side, I can say fuck this dogshit movie without remorse.
    Chadwick Boseman left MBJ in his dust talent wise and Anthony Mackie is twice the actor. MBJ simply takes "angry black man" and repackages it in different clothing.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    ... Sophie Marceau, who is both a better actress and way better looking.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Note- I'm not saying Denise Richards isn't attractive eye candy (at least back before Charlie Sheen). I'm saying she's just attractive eye candy, and kind of interchangeable with a lot of her contemporary attractive eye candy actress of the 90's- Neve Campbell, Amanda Peet, Alyissa Milano, and so on. Gals who are attractive, but have only a moderate amount of actual acting talent.

In this particular role, just being attractive eye candy with moderate acting talent meant she was pretty much blown off the screen by the other gal in the film- I'll even go on to say that she's probably the most bland & forgettable of that era's Bond gals. But, bland & forgettable does not mean "not attractive".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Note- I'm not saying Denise Richards isn't attractive eye candy (at least back before Charlie Sheen). I'm saying she's just attractive eye candy, and kind of interchangeable with a lot of her contemporary attractive eye candy actress of the 90's- Neve Campbell, Amanda Peet, Alyissa Milano, and so on. Gals who are attractive, but have only a moderate amount of actual acting talent.

In this particular role, just being attractive eye candy with moderate acting talent meant she was pretty much blown off the screen by the other gal in the film- I'll even go on to say that she's probably the most bland & forgettable of that era's Bond gals. But, bland & forgettable does not mean "not attractive".
    It was the writing man... I swear.

‐-----

Edit: I feel a bit dishonest. So Denise Richard's performance wasn't awesome. But that was partly her, and largely her character having almost no relevence to the plot.

While I believe what I'm saying one may notice the arguments I've put forth for her defense are very similar to how mandatory diversity in movies is defended. A, claim the person is a great actor. B, Imply a differing opinion means something is wrong you. C, blame the system for holding back the minority.

Hopefully the levity of my Christmas Jones defense shows how stupid defending diversity for it's own sake is.
    Last edited by Cory; 05-04-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    It was the writing man... I swear.

‐-----

Edit: I feel a bit dishonest. So Denise Richard's performance wasn't awesome. But that was partly her, and largely her character having almost no relevence to the plot.

While I believe what I'm saying one may notice the arguments I've put forth for her defense are very similar to how mandatory diversity in movies is defended. A, claim the person is a great actor. B, Imply a differing opinion means something is wrong you. C, blame the system for holding back the minority.

Hopefully the levity of my Christmas Jones defense shows how stupid defending diversity for it's own sake is.
    To be fair, like with most attrictive-but-limited actors and actresses, she does well in certain roles. She was spot on as the spoiled wannabe beauty pageant contestant with the psycho mom in "Drop Dead Gorgeous"- a must see for fans of dark comedies.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Just finished it. Total trash movie. Maybe 5-10min of the action scenes were somewhat entertaining. To his credit, at least Michael B. Jordan has his physicality.

Hollywood writers these days have the storytelling capability of a potato. It's amazing how many movies now sound like stories written by an 8yr old.

On the plus side, it's hilarious that the underlying story was about corrupt leaders in government ginning up a fake Russian conspiracy to outrage and "unite" the citizenry... ;-)

Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Oh man, Sophie Marceau has aged well.
    #RESIST

So, cue my standard “I don’t give a shot about the source material, I just want a good movie/story” cliche.

That said, I really liked the opening sequence and fight scene of the movie.

Everything else went to shit pretty quickly, but not enough so to make me turn it off. I guess on some level I kept expecting it to get better.

I agree with the above about the female SEAL (is that even a thing in real life yet?) not being a good match, although I thought she was some of the better acting, physicality (or lack thereof) aside. I actually just assumed she wasn’t supposed to be an actual SEAL but maybe just some sort of officer along for the ride or whatever.

I’m generally opposed to all the wokeness bullshit (pretty much ruined WW84) but I guess because I didn’t read the source material, and don’t care about it, I didn’t notice. It would appear, therefore, that from my watching there wasn’t much else in the way of SJW message.

As a stand-alone product, I think it was fine. Didn’t regret “wasting” and evening watching it, particularly given the utter lack of anything else to watch right now.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I just tried to watch it. I lasted 10min and I had to stop. It's absolutely ridiculous. Ideology kills everything, art, science, reason, sport, movies... On the other hand, degradation of Hollywood is giving me some hope that at some point we are going to wake up from this nightmare and dismiss all this nonsense.

Based largely on this thread, I have spent most of the past two weeks of my commute listening to the audiobook version of one of Clancy’s masterpieces. I had forgotten the depth and breadth of the story, the character development, and just how good of a work it is. For us gun guys, I almost think it’s one of those distractions that should be revisited every couple of decades or so. At any rate, “rereading” the book has virtually guaranteed that I will never waste any time on this apparent abomination of a movie.

User Tag List