Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

Good Lord. It's sad that the executor(s) of Clancy's estate don't give a rat's ass about his work. They're just riding the money train and selling his name when they should be selling his product.

As an action movie it wasn't terrible, but shit it's not Clancy's work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Good Lord. It's sad that the executor(s) of Clancy's estate don't give a rat's ass about his work. They're just riding the money train and selling his name when they should be selling his product.

As an action movie it wasn't terrible, but shit it's not Clancy's work at all.
    To be fair, and sadly so, this was kind of happening even when Tom was still alive.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    To be fair, and sadly so, this was kind of happening even when Tom was still alive.
    That's true enough but from the interview I saw he didn't leave the impression that he was very happy about it. He didn't need the money, you'd think his estate would at least try to insure they kept with the gist of his stories. They took the basic plot in concept only and just filmed it as they wanted with all new and more current happenings. WR is basically NOT based on his book at all. Gives me a sad...

Just finished it tonite. It was worth watching.

Probably by now it has been criticized to death as far as in relation to the book so I wont go into that part. I will say Im glad I didnt have high expectations to begin with. For that genre there are other movies Id rather watch.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    That's true enough but from the interview I saw he didn't leave the impression that he was very happy about it. He didn't need the money, you'd think his estate would at least try to insure they kept with the gist of his stories. They took the basic plot in concept only and just filmed it as they wanted with all new and more current happenings. WR is basically NOT based on his book at all. Gives me a sad...
    They probably had no say in the matter. When it comes to adaptations of books, the amount of input the author has on the adaptation depends on who actually owns the rights, and what kind of contract they signed and so on.

Typically, the end result is that the author has zero say at all in how the book is adapted, no more than you would if you sold a Model 14 to JCN, and he decided to take an angle grinder to it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    They probably had no say in the matter. When it comes to adaptations of books, the amount of input the author has on the adaptation depends on who actually owns the rights, and what kind of contract they signed and so on.

Typically, the end result is that the author has zero say at all in how the book is adapted, no more than you would if you sold a Model 14 to JCN, and he decided to take an angle grinder to it.

Yeah, one of the most notable examples that I'm aware of is The Shining.

Kubrick took that book and changed many a thing that Stephen King is not happy about.

Site Supporter
    I want my money back

I don't watch movies or TV series fiction on my own any more.
    All I see is what a friend offers up at "Dinner and a Movie" and am nearly always disappointed by film versions of novels.
    The last such occasion, I suggested one of the Young Hornblower mini-series, 'The Even Chance'. The portion about HH being assigned to the prize crew of a captured French ship was pretty well done, but the whole plot of the title duel was hoked up beyond belief.

Going back a good many years, I thought 'The Guns of Navarone' was a good movie, maybe better than the book, but that a rare exception.

Movie going friends talking about their latest always end up talking about the actors and their previous roles; the plot of the present effort seems a sideline.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I haven't read the book. I didn't have extremely high expectations after watching the trailer, but this movie was underwhelming even given the relatively low expectations. The woman SEAL LCDR wasn't even the least believable thing about the movie. Far worse than the Amazon Jack Ryan series.

I hope they don't screw up the Jack Carr series this badly.

Had it been John Doe in Without a Script it would have been a half decent mindless shoot’em up bang’em up. It’s a horrible representation of Without Remorse and John Kelly, Ritter and Greer. Freaking Barbie doll with a twig build as a SEAL. They couldn’t find a single athletic woman to at least play the role of a female SEAL.

Seems like they are intent on screwing up Rainbow Six next.

I certainly hope that whatever co tract Jack Carr signed doesn’t let Amazon hose up Terminal List this bad.

User Tag List