Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Except the Nolan Batmans were good. And not just because of Ann Hathaway as Catwoman.
    Oh no doubt. I liked that series quite well. Reboots aren't always bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    A streaming service limited series is where the real storytelling happens. It is less money for the rights, but far more likely to build a fanbase for the original books.
    I had the same kind of thought about Aeros vs movies today while scrolling through Netflix.
    The Hollywood studios forgot how to do anything creative in 2 hours a long time ago, and this pandemic might be the final nail in the coffin of movies as we knew them.

I think I told this story previously, but I actually attended a Q&A over 20 years ago with the Paramount marketing team for the films of Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger. They wanted the audience to know how concerned they were with the depiction of violence in these films. They said they didn't want to glorify or glamorize violence.

I asked, if that was the case, why they felt the need to kill the major villains in their film adaptations of these properties? After all, both Sean Miller and Felix Cortez are alive at the end of the books. Their answer? Well, the test audiences didn't like those endings (in fact, they had to reshoot the end of Clear and Present Danger, to extend Cortez's death scene, because the audience wanted more time to cheer at his demise).

Shocking hypocrisy from Hollywood, I know.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 02-10-2021 at 11:07 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm going to pretend the movie was named something else and give it a chance at face value. I hope Sheridan can give a good story, great character and dialogue. I thought Black Panther was going to be a Marvel Universe version of SNL's Black Jeopardy, but it turned out great and I loved it. Maybe I just have a more robust ability to suspend disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Cardinal of the Kremlin is a favorite. Spy plus
    action.
    That, Clear and Present Danger, Red Storm Rising, and Patriot Games are my Clancy favs.
    #RESIST

Then you have the fact that the USA isn't really Hollywood's main market anymore. So, the desire is for big, splashy, visual films that work without too much dialogue that translates well for foreign audiences, especially China.

Which is also one of the reasons for the endless reboots, sequels, and re-imagining of previous properties- the people overseas know those titles, so it's an easy buck.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Excited!

Then not so much..........

I've always wanted a *GOOD* movie based on one of my top 3 Clancy novels, but I'm not liking the sound of this one....

Hopefully LL's faith in the screenwriter pays off.
    I would donate a kidney to get a 1st class serial version of Red Storm Rising.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    I’m right there with you! Red Storm is I think the only book that tops Without Remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Hollywood sucks.
    Don't sugar coat it. Tell us what you really think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Movies suck these days.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    If it could really happen, I'd chip in one of mine. That said, I don't think either of us will be down a kidney anytime soon.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

So, I recognize the character's name, and the title...but I don't see much of Without Remorse in this trailer...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List