Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

I wonder how it would've been received if it didn't have Tom Clancy's name or the Without Remorse title associated with it. It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. It had zip to do with the book.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I wonder how it would've been received if it didn't have Tom Clancy's name or the Without Remorse title associated with it. It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. It had zip to do with the book.
    No connection to the Clancy book, other than recognizing a few names, so I wasn't biased about that angle.

Watched it last night and I agree it wasn't the worst. I think it could have used a little more action.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I stopped watching it after 15 minutes. The whole b.s. fictional diversity was the nail in the coffin for me.

Man, I have not been to a movie theater since mid-to-late 2019.

I haven't seen anything in terms of previews and reviews that makes me want to make that change.

I had never read Without Remorse and am about 400 pages into a hardback copy I got cheap on EBay.

So since the movie was totally different we decided to give it a shot.

Geez......what a stupid movie. I kept glancing at the book wishing I was reading it instead of watching that train wreck.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I had never read Without Remorse and am about 400 pages into a hardback copy I got cheap on EBay.

So since the movie was totally different we decided to give it a shot.

Geez......what a stupid movie. I kept glancing at the book wishing I was reading it instead of watching that train wreck.

Regards.
    It's very much a "do it right or don't do it at all" story.

That said, people picking up the book after seeing the turd Hollywood produced is at least some silver lining.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

After the success of LOTR*, there's really no excuse for neutered adaptations of well known books. Especially now that streaming from home has replaced the movie theater as the venue of choice, and we're really not limited to the old 90-120 minute window to tell the story.
    Fans of books have come to expect better over the past couple of years, and actually get mad at the watered down, executively meddled, formulaicly quantized, politically corrected & bowdlerized for China versions that used to be common theater fare.

And have you noticed that pissing off the original fans of an IP usually kills the popularity of the adaptation?

*Lord of the Rings
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I saw the female admiral that isn’t big enough in real life to pick up a SEAL’s ruck and knew I couldn’t watch this.
    #RESIST

If I want to watch a Navy Seal revenge story, I think I'll hold out for Jack Carr's The Terminal List, which will also be on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    It's very much a "do it right or don't do it at all" story.

That said, people picking up the book after seeing the turd Hollywood produced is at least some silver lining.
    New Years resolution of mine. Read more/Internet less thing.

16 books so far plus re-reading the Bible. I think I saw Without Remorse raved about on PF’s book thread so I added it to the list.

User Tag List