Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar thread

My current stash, prior my black Les Paul custom, taken at my previous home.

Name:  655CF865-3BEE-411F-8462-F613E0C691CF.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  99.3 KB

Pic of the practice / “stage” setup in the new home.

Name:  5AFF3C85-E8FD-4F97-9A40-7EC698163A02.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  97.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

Okay that does it. I have to quit looking at this thread.

Although I am just a lowly old drummer I could get into building a serious guitar collection. I love guitars and wish I could play.

I don't need another expensive hobby. I can't even afford guns and whiskey.

That just looks like a ton of fun, right there.

Cool thread!
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I dig that Kramer Nighthawk. How long have you had it?

My wife and I watched a Whitesnake video the other night for giggles. I was boring her to death explaining that neither of the two guitarists in that video actually played on the recording. Then I played a John Sykes song and she was like, "That sounds just like the first one."

This thread inspired me to break out my newest bass, a twofer - my first fanned fret and my first Ibanez. I can get a few hours of noodling in tonight, I think.

Name:  3B8D2FD9-DDF4-49EA-AB15-73D486A59EDE.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  40.4 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This thread inspired me to break out my newest bass, a twofer - my first fanned fret and my first Ibanez. I can get a few hours of noodling in tonight, I think.

Name:  3B8D2FD9-DDF4-49EA-AB15-73D486A59EDE.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  40.4 KB
    Hey, that's cool, K.
    I like fanned fret instruments when they are done well.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Time to throw in a few photos.

My favorite of my basses in the USA:
    Name:  Ric mod 1.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  23.1 KB

My headless Flying V
    Name:  Headless V.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  27.9 KB

Came into some nice PNG hardwood, so made this out of it.
    Name:  P bass 1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  29.7 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A homemade full scale semi-hollow bass, which now sports both the flats, and an EMG 35PX for that 60's P-bass kind of tone thing:
    Name:  WP_20151122_002.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  46.7 KB

A few pedals. I'm in the process of building a new one with a transistorized Sunn 100 circuit inside.
    Name:  Pedals 3.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  64.8 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I'm a huge Leo Kottke nerd. Stole a bunch of his licks over the years--the slide stuff is simpler than it sounds. I've seen him in concert a dozen or so times and I paid a guy to take guard duty for me when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg to catch one of his shows in Chapel Hill. I had a few minutes to spare and shook his hand outside the hall where he played that night before jumping in the car and hauling ass back to the barracks to finish my shift.

In 2009, the year I got divorced, I bought a new Martin OOOX. Yeah, one of the Tupperware ones. Played it pretty hard for several years and it got me laid more than once, which is the real reason anyone plays guitar. Had a Tele for a while but ended up letting it go. I was living in an apartment at the time and it just wasn't cool to turn it up to the threshold of pain like I wanted to.

Still have the Martin. It's the first guitar I ever owned that plays in tune all the way up the neck.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I finally got an acoustic bass guitar this year, and settled on an Epi Masterbuilt Deluxe archtop- with heavy flats, as is fitting for any short scale bass.
    While I love the unplugged tone, and it's super fun to play without an amp, I'm not super happy with the electronics. For one, I had to re-do a lot of the wiring on the preamp. And the piezao tone is a bit thin.
    Eventual plan is to add a suspended Kent Armstrong pickup (which isn't all that different than a Gibson EB3 bridge PU), and use that instead.

Stock photo:
    Name:  epiphone-masterbilt-de-luxe-classic-4-string-bass-vintage-sunburst-626668.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  35.3 KB

User Tag List