Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 1301 Light Solution

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Interesting. Is there anything special about them compared to just normal o-rings?
    A snazzy name?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Interesting. Is there anything special about them compared to just normal o-rings?
    Not as far as I can tell. 0.75" OD, 0.485" ID, and 0.140" thick.
    Gonna test in a smaller bore body for 16650 batteries to see if they fit there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Not as far as I can tell. 0.75" OD, 0.485" ID, and 0.140" thick.
    Gonna test in a smaller bore body for 16650 batteries to see if they fit there too.
    The Battery Bumpers on their website will work with the 18650 bodies, but not the 16650 bodies. I ordered a set for the 16650 body from them to try out (they're not listed on their website). I'll report back once I've tried out the new smaller Battery bumpers.

Site Supporter
    Latest/greatest iteration.

Name:  9939E085-7ED3-4055-A6EF-8328D250C79E.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  14.8 KB
    Name:  8F3AAA77-5336-41CD-91E0-A7B9F598D51E.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  14.7 KB

What do yall think about the SF pro series that come with the mlok swivel mount directly mounted to Aridus handguard? Been thinking about going this route... seems to simplify things a little.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcraigster26 View Post
    What do yall think about the SF pro series that come with the mlok swivel mount directly mounted to Aridus handguard? Been thinking about going this route... seems to simplify things a little.

Yeah I wanted that too just tough to swallow the cost of it. if it was in the $150 range I would be all over it.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Triggs75 View Post
    Yeah I wanted that too just tough to swallow the cost of it. if it was in the $150 range I would be all over it.

Chad
    If I go that route I will probably try to find one 2nd hand to save a little. Still trying to decide between the pro option or standard scout with Arisaka inline mount. Just can't decide...

Well I didn't go with Surefire. I ended up getting a Modlite 18650 PLHV2 for less than the SF light would have cost me. If its too much light for a shotgun application I will move it to my 300 BLK and replace it with something else.

So I have the Modlite 18650, modbutton with mlok adapter and Arisaka inline mount on the way. I already have a SF DS00 tailcap to install on the light. Hopefully it will work out well on the 1301.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    This still works, but I’m starting to worry about the durability of my Modlite (specifically the batteries) on a shotgun. Battery that’s been in the gun on the right vs new on the left. These are Modlite branded batteries. No way this is normal, right?

Attachment 73274
    Attachment 73276
    This is a quality battery. The only battery worth beans is this battery, in 18350. It's a YDL. EVERYONE uses it. Vapcell, Orbtronic, Modlite, list goes on. Same thing, re-wrap. That said, this is a huge deal with shotguns. For a shotgun, the only light I use is Surefire scout models. Shotgun recoil will beat up a battery as you see, over time. Also, the scout head design has a plastic platform that prevents the nubbin from impacting against the light head and deforming like this. It's...a thing. I think rechargeables may well get too beat up in a shotgun over their life spans just from the shock alone, as they have very long life-spans, and I don't know what I consider "too beat up", or when that happens, so CR123 gets the nod. Also, hard impacts can trip the protection circuit in protected batteries like the YDL you pictured...something to keep in mind. May leave you in the dark, potentially, at the worst possible moment.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  3.2 KB

A friend and I dumped 150 rounds of full power slug, some reduced recoil buck, etc. through my M4 SBS today. The Scalarworks mount rear screw worked loose (I have replaced all of the VC3'ed screws with Loctited 243 screws now, lol, will see how it does tomorrow...), but the batteries in my SF light (I put a 2-cell scout on) were just fine. A hair shiny at the point where the nubbin of one touches the base of the other, but Surefire's plastic shock absorbing pedestal worked great. No issues with the batteries.

User Tag List