Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont stab a police officer at a gun range

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    This guy is definitely a Darwin Award winner. Stabbing at 2 cops with a screwdriver AT A GUN RANGE with 4 armed civilians nearby.

How ballsy is it to rummage through people's gear at a gun range? Dude had a death wish.
    I think he had a “free gun” wish, and went someplace he knew there would be one or more laying around. They probably advertise for the CCW classes, and I’ve seen flyers for classes like that with instructions not to wear your gun or have it loaded when you get to class, which would necessarily mean that there would be a bag or two with a gun in it at the event. Odds are, most people at the class won’t know each other and the teacher won’t know most of them, either.

His get out of trouble solution wasn’t well thought through, but I figure he picked that day and location as a “target-rich environment”.

Site Supporter
    What a tragedy - yeah. I saw something similar years ago outside a gun range Oregon. I was inside and there is a scream from outside that a guy is trying to grab a purse. The crowd runs to the door and a staff member of the store yells: Don't shoot him!

The guy ran away. I think the staff member was worried about a wave of fire across a busy street and the incident wasn't life threatening at the moment. But what do I know.

I agree that a room full of guns needs some better security. Hindsight makes us all so smart, though.

Hope the female officer is able to recover.
    That overhand strike is fierce... My guess is that bad guy had a plan for future contacts with law enforcement.

User Tag List