Thread: A couple of new products that caught my eye; med, training

A couple of new products that caught my eye; med, training

Type 3 malf dummy round:

https://livefiretacticaltraining.com/

IFAK sized portable splint:

RISE™ (Rigid Immobilization System for Extremities)

https://www.tacmedsolutions.com/RISE

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

That splint thing looks like the genesis of the product was some drunk army medics splinting their buddy's broken bone during a drinking incident with those little reflective microwave heating trays that frozen pizza and hotpockets come in.

Three 68Ws during their investor pitch on Shark Tank, half conscious from pre-gaming:

"So, no shit, there we were..."
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That splint thing looks like the genesis of the product was some drunk army medics splinting their buddy's broken bone during a drinking incident with those little reflective microwave heating trays that frozen pizza and hotpockets come in.

Three 68Ws during their investor pitch on Shark Tank, half conscious from pre-gaming:

"So, no shit, there we were..."
    It's certainly looks that way as an arm splint...My first reaction was, "How is this any better than a SAM Splint?" - https://www.sammedical.com/products/...32444250292333

But then I looked at TacMed's website and realized they've probably really designed this around the pelvic binding feature and built in the extremity splinting to make it a more multi-use/multi-functional tool so you don't have to carry both a SAM splint and this. Because a SAM isn't going to work as a pelvic binder.

You can absolutely use a SAM in conjunction with a TQ to make a very effective pelvic binding device...I keep a pre cut one in my Med bag for this reason. SAM splints can do...many things.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    You can absolutely use a SAM in conjunction with a TQ to make a very effective pelvic binding device...I keep a pre cut one in my Med bag for this reason. SAM splints can do...many things.
    Do you cut slots in them like shown above?

SAM makes a dedicated pelvic support, but it’s more expensive than either company’s compact muti-use splint, by a good amount.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Do you cut slots in them like shown above?
    Yup. Cut slots and roll a bit for extra strength. The technique was shown to me and a bunch of our other EMT / Paramedics by a SAM company trainer at an event a few years ago.

I believe there was a Type 3 malfunction simulator round discussed here in the past. Yup I found it and it was the same device. I remember commenting previously.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ractice-rounds

User Tag List