Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington Ilion factory reopening

Remington Ilion factory reopening

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...uction-march-1

Roundhill Group’s Federal Firearm License (FFL) has been approved, according to a report from Utica, NY, CBS TV affiliate WKTV. Approval clears the way for the company to resume manufacturing guns under its RemArms label from the famed Ilion, NY, factory it purchased during last fall’s Remington Outdoor bankruptcy proceedings. The firm now owns the rights to produce all Remington firearms and holds the patents, with the exception of Marlin’s assets, which went to high bidder Ruger.
    #RESIST

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Thank you, Jesus! We've got an order pending for 180 870's that can now get filled! Been having heartburn over what alternatives to pursue.

Any word on the Alabama plant?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I’ve driven past the old factory several times now, but haven’t make the diversion off the thruway to check it out. Are they still in the historic building I see from I-90?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I really want to be excited, but is there any reason to think that quality will improve from recent years?

The stripped Remington factory site in Huntsville, AL, is for sale. The city held a mortgage note and the property reverted to the city.

Did Roundhill get the tooling and plans for the 1911/PO pistols out of the Huntsville plant?
    Or somebody else, or the machines sold off and the specific tooling scrapped?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Did Roundhill get the tooling and plans for the 1911/PO pistols out of the Huntsville plant?
    Or somebody else, or the machines sold off and the specific tooling scrapped?
    Someone got the tooling but it is unclear as to whom. The tooling was taken out of the plant before the bankruptcy court judge approved the sale. One article stated Vista Outdoors got the machinery, but that makes little sense to me.

Among those who are owed include the city of Huntsville, which holds a $12.5 million mortgage on the Remington plant located on Wall-Triana Highway near Huntsville International Airport. The plant and the property on which it sits is valued at about $47 million. The plant was not among the assets whose sell was approved Tuesday, though it was essentially gutted in a purchase by Vista Outdoor Inc.

As part of a purchase agreement filed Sunday with the bankruptcy court, Vista will receive “equipment, machinery, furniture, fixtures and improvements, tooling and spare parts” at the Huntsville plant.

Vista was the largest of four companies purchasing parts of the Remington portfolio at an estimated $81 million, according to the purchase agreement.
    https://www.al.com/news/2020/09/remi...lle-plant.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Thank you, Jesus! We've got an order pending for 180 870's that can now get filled! Been having heartburn over what alternatives to pursue.
    I have it from a reliable source that 870 will be their first manufacturing priority. The configurations and the priorities placed are unknown. It is reasonable to believe that current market trends will lead to emphasis on 18", combat orient models.

Did they make the Tac line of shorty shotguns there? I hope so because I never purchased one and regret it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List