Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I met a Marine today

My kids all knew where they were born, but I was horrified when the older was 17 and applying for scholarships and she didn't even know our mailing address. I then asked the 16 y.o. and the 12 y.o. and they didn't know either. It's not that they were dumb kids, they just lived in an area where we get our mail at a rural route mail box and our house had a legal description not an address. They'd never had to fill out a form with their address, or anyone ask for their mailing address. Everything they did was by email.

"For fucks sake. I can't remember shit from five minutes ago and people expect me to remember my own birth?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Hate us because they anus

Some of the dumbest people I have ever met are in the airforce or navy.. at least we can claim we have a real job while being borderline mentally challenged.
    SFMF!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    May not have been in a state. May have been on a military base someplace other than the US. Still a US citizen under the old rules. That may have changed.

https://militarybenefits.info/citize...tary-children/
    Yes, I'm aware not every child is born in a US state. My son was born abroad while I was contracting. I suppose I could have said "governmental entity issued..." but I figured people would understand given the scope of the conversation.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I agree Pennsylvania is a lot to remember, and a reasonable answer would have been if he said “red state or blue state.” On the other hand, a bunch of people can’t agree on whether PA was a red or blue state.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In fairness, he seemed like a very nice young man and definitely knew how to handle an AR. I guess it is possible that the whole thing was a joke on us, and his mom was part of the troll.

Hopefully if he gets a tattoo on his arm to remind him, he uses the abbreviation of PA instead of spelling it out.
    there's a phallic Jamaica joke like that.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Name:  C3C0454C-1C2B-476F-BAA6-20434C9716A1.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  18.7 KB

This fits here I believe.

As an Army vet, I don't think highly of Marines for their incredible intellect. I think highly of them for their incredible drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I think highly of them for their incredible drive.
    Here's a tangential anecdote from one of the formative Marines in my life, Capt Will Lennon, 2nd LAR. He was in some sort of joint-services armored scout command school. They were presented a wargaming scenario of scouting out an area and finding an enemy mechanized/armored unit on the other side of a hill crest. The US Army Bradley officers drew up fantastical assault plans with initiating the attack with indirect fire, followed by air support, and then the Bradleys assaulting through after everything was a smoldering mess. Overwhelming firepower relying on perfectly coordinated supporting fires from multiple elements, and perfect synchronization and understanding of commander's intent among all elements.

Will, being the sole Marine in the class, flatly said "I have 25mm chain-guns. I'm going to drive to the top of the hill and shoot them."

@LittleLebowski 0313s.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I am glad this thread has been equal opportunity. We have managed to insult Marines, the Army, Navy and Air Force, teachers and firemen, and probably other groups yet to come.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List