Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I met a Marine today

I met a Marine today

Stopped by the LGS and a studly, young man was buying an AR. Filling out the 4473, he got stumped by a question and had to call his mom. The question was “what state were you born in.” The answer was Pennsylvania — says he always gets stumped by that one. I asked, and he was a Marine over from 29 Palms.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I bet if the question was "what is your favorite flavor of Crayon?" he would get it right 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Stopped by the LGS and a studly, young man was buying an AR. Filling out the 4473, he got stumped by a question and had to call his mom. The question was “what state were you born in.” The answer was Pennsylvania — says he always gets stumped by that one. I asked, and he was a Marine over from 29 Palms.
    I have my doubts about the "where was I born". He had no recollection about his birth place? How many forms did he fill out to enlist? Sad comment on the USMC but for some reason I think your personal experience is the sign of the times.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Probably was a military brat, my wife changed addresses every two-three years growing up.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Probably was a military brat, my wife changed addresses every two-three years growing up.
    I bet she knows which state issued her birth certificate, though...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

The problem is, Pennsylvania has too many syllables.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

In fairness, he seemed like a very nice young man and definitely knew how to handle an AR. I guess it is possible that the whole thing was a joke on us, and his mom was part of the troll.

Hopefully if he gets a tattoo on his arm to remind him, he uses the abbreviation of PA instead of spelling it out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hate us because they anus

Some of the dumbest people I have ever met are in the airforce or navy.. at least we can claim we have a real job while being borderline mentally challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I bet she knows which state issued her birth certificate, though...
    May not have been in a state. May have been on a military base someplace other than the US. Still a US citizen under the old rules. That may have changed.

https://militarybenefits.info/citize...tary-children/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I had a kid who could not spell his last name because his first name confused him. I had another that did not know his address even though he had lived there all his life. I had many who forgot their class schedules including subjects and teachers over the Christmas holidays or winter break as they now call it. No joke. Today they all work for the Fire Dept except for three who became teachers.

User Tag List